BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Check the summary of setting up a game at the back of the BRB.

Warlord traits
    <------------Split up warlocks
    Roll of psychic powers

Here's a burning question I have since I don't have the rulebook where I am: Given the fragility of the Crimson Hunter, I wouldn't be keen on it turning up before there's an enemy flier to shoot down.

Is there any rule preventing me flying on from my Board edge and off the side board edge in a diagonal in the same turn, in effect keeping it in reserves for another turn?

Ignore that question - found it's answered in the BRB FAQ; and the answer is no

Librarian

I got a question of my own, that seems straight forward, but i just want to make sure I'm reading this right.

Does an Autarch loose the Infantry (Character) and the Independent Character status when you give him the Mantle of the Laughing God?
    option A. The Autarch looses the Independent Character trait, but remains a "Character"
    option B. The Autarch is no longer a Character at all. (aka, he can not issue nor accept challenges)

Edit: I'm thinking towards option A, but I am curious if I'm reading that wrong.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Pickelz View Post
    I got a question of my own, that seems straight forward, but i just want to make sure I'm reading this right.

Does an Autarch loose the Infantry (Character) and the Independent Character status when you give him the Mantle of the Laughing God?
    option A. The Autarch looses the Independent Character trait, but remains a "Character"
    option B. The Autarch is no longer a Character at all. (aka, he can not issue nor accept challenges)

Edit: I'm thinking towards option A, but I am curious if I'm reading that wrong.
    It is Option A, as he only loses the Independent Character special rule. He doesn't change his unit type, at least not with the Mantle.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Can a unit with battle focus move out of a transport, shoot, and then run back in?

Librarian

I noticed in the treasures of Vaul on page 66 that the Eldar jet bike increases the armour save of the model to 3+, but does not increase its toughness by +1. However the Shining spears (page 100) and Wind rider squadrons (page 97) have the increased toughness. I am assuming this is a typo, and will be FAQ'd fairly soon.

If not, then Warlocks on Jet bikes (unenhanced by their powers) are still very easily killed off.

You will probably get the power gamers, and those who do not have the finesse to play Eldar, and using them like a Space Marine Army having a lot of the following units in their armies.

Fliers, Wraith Knights, Wraithguard and Wraith Blades, Wind Riders, Rangers, Dire Avengers, Phoenix Lords, Eldrad, the Avatar, Vypers, Wraith lords, Dark Reapers, Support batteries, Fire Prisms and Night Spinners.

I see these units have the greatest chance at either surviving, causing great amounts of damage, out maneuvering their opponents to either score or deny objectives, and are the ones that need the least ammount of imagination when it comes to tactics to make them work well in the current 6th edition gaming style.

Other units like Guardians, and so on definitely have their uses, but their fragility makes many players steer away from them. They are the perfect not threatening inexpensive unit for hiding in cover to hold objectives, while your big nasty units draw the fire power.

My own view at this stage. I have only had 1/2 an hour to look at the codex, but I can certainly see that some units will be more common in tournaments than others.
    The world is Chaotic, so why not join the party. Slaanesh welcomes you with open arms. Certa Cito

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Daemonette666 View Post
    I noticed in the treasures of Vaul on page 66 that the Eldar jet bike increases the armour save of the model to 3+, but does not increase its toughness by +1. However the Shining spears (page 100) and Wind rider squadrons (page 97) have the increased toughness. I am assuming this is a typo, and will be FAQ'd fairly soon.

If not, then Warlocks on Jet bikes (unenhanced by their powers) are still very easily killed off.
    obvious, and inconsequential, typo, since the BRB tells you what an Eldar Jetbike is and does...

Yeah, Armoured Steed on page 45 of the BRB covers the Toughness increase. Note that the CSM codex also does not list the Toughness increase for bikes (see page 66 of the CSM codex). It appears that going forward they are letting Armoured Steed cover the Toughness increase, and simply noting in the codex any other characteristics the bike might have (e.g., weaponry, armor save, etc.).

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMen View Post
    Can a unit with battle focus move out of a transport, shoot, and then run back in?
    BRB pg 78 "Embarking and Disembarking" - No you can't voluntarily do both in same turn.

I know I quickly wondered that too
    Last edited by Vallen; 06-02-2013 at 08:56 AM. Reason: added quote

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast