BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fun with Eldar!

Autarch, jetbike, fusion gun, laser lance/power spear, Mantle of the Laughing God.

*drops mic*

DrWobbles, I love the crystal targeting matrix on your Night Spinner but I like it even more on my Warp Hunter! I can't believe the Illicit thing will stand up in court, it is just too nuts. Fuegan Death Star is hilarious!

Also, since it hasn't been mentioned: Guardian Jetbikes with Warlock casting Conceal get a 3+ cover save. Not to shabby.
    Last edited by LittleMen; 06-03-2013 at 03:23 PM.

The reason why infiltrate doesn't work, is not that it doesn't transfer, but that it transfers to late to have any effect (apart from giving outflank).

There's only 2 ways for an IC to join a unit during deployment;

1. place both unit and IC in resserves and declare they are joined.

2. Deploy the IC in coherency with a unit, in order to do that the unit must already be deployed. It's would now be to late to use infiltrate. You could argue that deploying a unit in coherency with an IC would work aswell. You have no way of keeping the unit undeployed until the infiltrate phase, with out having infiltrate (or going in reserves, but that doesn't help either).

short version; An IC isn't joined to a unit until they are both deployed. (Or in reserves)
    Last edited by Carstens; 06-03-2013 at 03:47 PM.

Chapter-Master

If an IC grants Infiltrate to a unit, then you just deploy them altogether.

So, hard!
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

@carstens "an independent character can begin the game already with a unit..." -40k rule book pg. 39.

@littlemen I too have a warphunter and thought the same thing but i'll wait for the forgeworld faq to go up before i roast my opponents backfield.

Has anyone noticed any little tweaks here and there might be missed in a quick glance? here's a few i noticed;

Singing spears are not two handed. that was really the only drawback to them in the old book.

shimmershields are 5+ invuln for cc and shooting.

Wraithlords are characters. useful for sniping with starcannons and curb-stomping powerfist wielding sergeants.

Phoenix lords don't have to lead their own aspect anymore. Maugan Ra with Dire Avengers seems much more compatible than joining him with reapers, Bahharoth with banshees gives them hit and run, Jain Zar with scorpions can give them more anti meq/teq, krandras with dragons make them infiltrating, stealthy and more survivable in cc....

Chapter-Master

You're ignoring half the rule. If you continue reading, it explains how the IC can begin the game with a unit. It specifies that the IC must either be deployed normally, or placed in reserves with the unit. So either you can attach the IC and not infiltrate, or you can not attach the IC and infiltrate only the IC. It helps a lot when you read the whole rule instead of cherrypicking quotes.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

sigh...

nowhere does the word 'normally' show up. "an independent character can begin the game already with a unit, either by by being deployed in unit coherency with it or, if the unit is in reserve, by informing your opponent of which unit it has joined." that's the full sentence. Infiltrators are still 'deployed' just like other units only a little later.

"Being deployed in unit coherency" does not mean one unit must be deployed then deploy your independent character. they are deployed simultaneously and in unit coherency.

"while an independent character is part of a unit, he counts as part of the unit for all rules purposes..."

Does the IC have infiltrate? yes.

Can the IC begin the game already with a unit? yes.

Does a unit gain the infiltrators rule if at least one model has this rule? yes.

Can the unit infiltrate? YES.

ooh, here's another one;

dire avenger exarchs and autarchs can have power weapons. meaning S5 AP4, or S4 AP2, etc...
    Last edited by DrWobbles; 06-04-2013 at 08:29 PM.

so far the codex is awesome. some of the exarch options are brutal for making small squads really powerful and relatively cheap. the warp spider exarch with spineret fast shot and marksmen eye is very cheap and effective and with all the extra chances for movement afforded by battle focus and jetpacks plus the small unit footprint and size is really effective

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast