BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 36 of 56 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Time for another cheesy promo video that shows nothing new whatsoever. At least this one is pretty atmospheric.

Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Fly Lord

via BoLS Comments 6-28-2013
    Lord of Battles
    I have the white dwarf in front of me. They have done away with Structure Points, and now everything has Hull Points. It has 9 HP, as done the Baneblade and it's variants. For every HP lost, it gets an extra attack PERMANENTLY, even if you repair the HPs that are lost. So potentially have 10 attacks base with a strength D axe is a pretty brutal possibility. It can also Tank Shock using a new table referred to as the Thunderblitz Table, but no idea yet what that all encompasses. It also has the following special rules:

Daemon, Daemonforge, Fleet, It Will Not Die, and Rage
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Presumably that means there will be some sort of negative modifier to the chart or a super heavy only damage chart (my guess is the latter) because if super heavies can be one shotted why take them?

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    Lord of Battles
    I have the white dwarf in front of me. They have done away with Structure Points, and now everything has Hull Points. It has 9 HP, as done the Baneblade and it's variants. For every HP lost, it gets an extra attack PERMANENTLY, even if you repair the HPs that are lost. So potentially have 10 attacks base with a strength D axe is a pretty brutal possibility. It can also Tank Shock using a new table referred to as the Thunderblitz Table, but no idea yet what that all encompasses. It also has the following special rules:

Daemon, Daemonforge, Fleet, It Will Not Die, and Rage

...and here I was, thinking the 40-man Lascannon brigade Regnir fields in Apocalypse games was excessive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    yeah honestly I expected it to be codex priced, would have been a good read. but I am not going to play apocalypse any time soon, if ever, so £45 is just too much at the moment
    /signed

If was the same size content-wise as the BRB then yes... but otherwise no.
    "I play Eldar, why? Does GW make any other good armies?"

Quote Originally Posted by legalsmash View Post
    GW giant eagle case v. battlefoam case - because a trenchcoated neckbeard with a porkpie hat in July with an unnamed giant wheeled case is going to look any more discrete. LOL.

If the case was priced as battlefoam I'd think it nifty... I mean it would make a sweet guard case... baroque ****s and all.

Does anyone know if the templates are changing from current? Will my current templates be obsolete?
    Hellstorm template stays the same. 10" cake template is still around, but there is now a 15" blast template with markings for 10" 7" and 5" inside. And the Apoc Barrage cluster seems to be replaced by a flexible chain of blasts. The last you can improvise just fine with some normal large blast markers.

I've never cared much for Apoc games. The only thing that interests me are if there will be any 40K "Ok" units, formation, fortifications, etc. If not, I've no need for the book at all. On those rare occasions I play Apoc it will be in a large group and one of them will have the book.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post

...and here I was, thinking the 40-man Lascannon brigade Regnir fields in Apocalypse games was excessive.
    Great so now I'm going to have to keep track of Hullpoints on Triumphus' imperator titan?

"How many hullpoints do you have left? Oh only 32? Great!"

I'll be you a dollar to donuts that Eldar Apoc stuff will get a crappy HP:SP ratio compared to the Imperial counterparts.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by isotope99 View Post
    Presumably that means there will be some sort of negative modifier to the chart or a super heavy only damage chart (my guess is the latter) because if super heavies can be one shotted why take them?
    Hopefully Explodes will be replaced with "d3 hull points, if this would drop the tank to 0 hull points, roll to see what size explosion) for superheavies.

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    I'll be you a dollar to donuts that Eldar Apoc stuff will get a crappy HP:SP ratio compared to the Imperial counterparts.
    Well, following FW, everything should get 3 HP per SP from the old system. rules for damage repair and regenerating void shields are going to have to change though.
    I use d4 dice for hullpoints on normal vehicles, d10 should work just fine for most superheavies, call it a d20 for larger ones. Non cube dice are handy to have, as they stand out from all the other dice.
    Last edited by MajorWesJanson; 06-28-2013 at 12:44 PM.

Majority has already been leaked but got the WD in front of me if someone wants something specific

Page 36 of 56 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast