BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Yep, but that is something for players to work out beforehand. You had to have both sides go into it with a willingness to impose some sort of balance on the sides, that hasn't changed. Apocalypse has NEVER been something to rely on GW for balance, that has never been the point. It's about fielding everything you can and seeing what size shovel each side needs to remove casualties with.
    Well sometimes that balance is hard to come by :P

Case in point, before that update we would typically have 4 Phantom Titans on the table (amongst many many other titans) and they would run riot and be virtually unscathed at the end of the game... the last few that we've played, most of them have died due to glancing.
    We don't use HP's on super heavies. It takes too much to keep track of (seriously it would be 45 hull points for Triumphus' imperator - thanks but no) so glancing has no effect on super heavies. My phantoms still die, but they die because Ang'grath is absolutely unstoppable (NOT ANYMORE MUHAHAHAHAHAHAA)
    Last edited by Defenestratus; 07-10-2013 at 07:13 AM.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Given the lack of nice stuff for the Grey Knights (or practically any for that matter) i seriously do hope that there is some big GK centric expansion coming and bringing something else than just the stupid psycannon spam everyone loaths..

Also, could someone elaborate what the hell is the idea behind the 3x Nemesis Dreadknight formation giving "shred" to the group? The power of the NDK is definately in the close combat and in there they already have the sword (with str10) to re-roll everything...?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
    Given the lack of nice stuff for the Grey Knights (or practically any for that matter) i seriously do hope that there is some big GK centric expansion coming and bringing something else than just the stupid psycannon spam everyone loaths..

Also, could someone elaborate what the hell is the idea behind the 3x Nemesis Dreadknight formation giving "shred" to the group? The power of the NDK is definately in the close combat and in there they already have the sword (with str10) to re-roll everything...?
    To be fair, since I started playing the Grey Knights went from a single unit that had WD rules to ally into another Imperial army to a full army with as much model and Codex support as anyone. The problem with making anything new and crazy for the Grey Knights is they just got a complete re-do, so they should be near the end of the list.

On a lighter, Apoc-centric note, can you even imagine what they would call such a unit? Nemesis DreadTitan?

I have to agree guys. It seems like they have simply run out of ideas for Grey Knights, which is total BS as it can have so much depth with the Inquisitors and so forth.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    I have to agree guys. It seems like they have simply run out of ideas for Grey Knights, which is total BS as it can have so much depth with the Inquisitors and so forth.
    I have an idea... requisition some IG into your GK force that would represent the true "apoc" force of the GK's anyways since they're not really known for their vast numbers and towering war machines.

Get a warhound and paint it grey.

Get some fellblades and use them as baneblades.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Point is there are lots of lots of ways for Grey Knights to get "self sustaining apoc capable force":

-Tanks where you put your forces in, based on models of the squad or psychic level, they "channel" their power to the firing mechanism thus boosting the weaponry

-Lots of special characters with cool special rules (these could be in the basic dex aswell)

-Multiple squads of same type focusing their powers granting enhanced version of their signature psychic skill (probably based on the number of squads)
    --Strike Squads: Super Warp Quake
    -- Paladins: Super blast (forgot name)
    -- Purifiers: These guys get their hellstorm -template cleansing flame
    -- etc.

Lots of easy things to add flavor to the GK force.

And what comes to the Inquisitioni, there are practically no limits to all kinds of funky gadgets, or weird combinations, well, due to the nature of the different inquisition branches..

Iron Father

Not looked at any of the formations that have leaked yet, but didn't GK get a NDK formation ? I thought that would be a given.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Well sometimes that balance is hard to come by :P

We don't use HP's on super heavies. It takes too much to keep track of (seriously it would be 45 hull points for Triumphus' imperator - thanks but no) so glancing has no effect on super heavies. My phantoms still die, but they die because Ang'grath is absolutely unstoppable (NOT ANYMORE MUHAHAHAHAHAHAA)
    Have you seen An'ggraths' rules? Or is that more to do with the Phantom changes?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    Not looked at any of the formations that have leaked yet, but didn't GK get a NDK formation ? I thought that would be a given.
    Yes they did, apparently you select a "primary" one and if the others stay within 12" of it they all get Shred, presumably for all of their melee and ranged weapons. Not so useful for greatsword wielders, awesome if you took a heavy incinerator though.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Chapter-Master

Have you seen An'ggraths' rules? Or is that more to do with the Phantom changes?
    Gargantuan creature rule changes... they took it on the chin. (As if the changes to D weapons wasn't bad enough for them, now fleshbane works on them as well)

Once grounded, all it will take is one phantom barrage and he's toast on a stick. Shoot - one revenant barrage. (Of course this is assuming that the offensive capabilities of the Eldar pulsar haven't been nerfed into oblivion which is VERY likely)
    Last edited by Defenestratus; 07-10-2013 at 11:22 AM.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Well, it's now called a 'Susan' Titan instead of a Reaver?
    bwahahahaha!
    I will now call all Reaver Titans, Susan Titans! And I shall fear them no more!

Page 51 of 56 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast