BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
    The Dark Mechanic

Also missing from the new Apocalypse book, the Brass Scorpion! I haven't seen this getting much attention, but based on what we know about the new Apocalypse so far I noticed that GW is no longer providing Apocalypse datasheets for large model ideas that must be converted. No more Tower Of Skulls, Brass Scorpion (except from FW of course), Plague Tower Of Nurgle, etc. There appears to ONLY be datasheets for stock models. What a shame, half the fun of the original Apocalypse 40K was the crazy conversion datasheets alongside datasheets for stock models.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Brass scorpion will likely be merged into the FW book as there is a model, the towers may be left as the old datasheets though. I agree I liked the conversion options but that goes against GW policy these days.

Here's hoping flying gargantuan creatures become immune to grounding - or at least needs to be S8+. The idea of a harridan or super greater daemon being crashed by a S3 lasgun is laughably stupid.

Chaplain

They can't win, can they?
    If they provide Rules for non-existent models they get hammered by the community.
    If they don't provide Rules for non-existent models, they're still no better thought of.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by isotope99 View Post
    Here's hoping flying gargantuan creatures become immune to grounding - or at least needs to be S8+. The idea of a harridan or super greater daemon being crashed by a S3 lasgun is laughably stupid.
    Flying gargantuan creatures follow the rules for flying monsterous creatures "with no modifications".

So yes - you can ground Ang'Grath with a flashlight.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Well, it's now called a 'Susan' Titan instead of a Reaver?
    I thought it was "Ginormica"
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Well, it's now called a 'Susan' Titan instead of a Reaver?
    If we're calling the Reaver a Susan Titan can we call an Ork Stompa an "Anna Pearson" Stompa?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    I have an idea... requisition some IG into your GK force that would represent the true "apoc" force of the GK's anyways since they're not really known for their vast numbers and towering war machines.

Get a warhound and paint it grey.

Get some fellblades and use them as baneblades.
    Nah, they had some pretty cool formations. One was you took X number of squads, and you could form a giant pentagram with one model in each unit sacrificing its shooting, and every Daemon inside that pentagram lost their Invulnerable save or something like that. I mean, I don't like the idea of it being Daemon specific, because then it's either utterly useless or completely overpowered depending on if you're facing Daemons or not, but it was a really cool basic idea.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pssyche View Post
    If we're calling the Reaver a Susan Titan can we call an Ork Stompa an "Anna Pearson" Stompa?
    No. Stompas are now 'Vanessa Feltz'.

But perhaps somewhat less obnoxious.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Daemon-Prince

Grrrr i want more Slaanesh rules! But nooo a Giant Khorne thing! Figures.
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger88 View Post
    Grrrr i want more Slaanesh rules! But nooo a Giant Khorne thing! Figures.
    Yeahhh, surprised they made the kit pure-khorne. The tank base is pretty cool, so why not have that w/ only Chaos Undivided imagery, and the khorne kit comes with the big body/dozer/tanks to stick on it, an undivided kit has a big chaos-y gun to stick on it, a slaanesh kit has a big sonic thingy and/or torture barge etc. Could've been a good way to make a plaguereaper an "official" model.

Edit: I mean, the Lord of Skulls has two Khorne runes per individual track on its treads, that works out to ~128 visible runes I think? Makes converting bits of it to other gods somewhat painful :P
    Last edited by Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer; 07-11-2013 at 01:05 AM.

Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast