BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Illic fun

Default Illic fun

We should discuss this character as to tactics. It appears that he helps us make a credible alaitoc list and if allowed he could be fun in killteam missions.
    Now I just got mine out of package trimmed and washed it... havent got him on table yet but has anyone gotten him in a match yet? If so what are your impressions thus far

I havent used or faced him, but what I'm hearing is people attaching random squads to get really close and mess things up. I'm pretty sure thats not allowed unless the unit has Infiltrate, but its being proposed as both ways.

Chapter-Master

Right now, you can't infiltrate.

You can inflitrate as long as one model in the unit has the rule.

But. In order to join a unit, the independent character must either be deployed normally, in coherency with the unit (preventing you from infiltrating), or placed in reserves with the unit (also preventing you from infiltrating). The only options you have for actually attaching a character to a unit precludes infiltrating.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Right now, you can't infiltrate.

You can inflitrate as long as one model in the unit has the rule.

But. In order to join a unit, the independent character must either be deployed normally, in coherency with the unit (preventing you from infiltrating), or placed in reserves with the unit (also preventing you from infiltrating). The only options you have for actually attaching a character to a unit precludes infiltrating.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, dumbest argument ever.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

This problem actually came up in 5th ed, because the rules worked similarly enough. They had to FAQ it, but that FAQ went away when 6th came out so we'll have to wait again.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    concerning infiltrate itself, i'd aggree with you - but concerning illic, he's got a point... the unit he joins (whether it has infiltrate itself or not) would still have to adhere to the normal rules for keeping your distance, and Illic would just be allowed to be a little bit closer to the enemy than the usual 12"/18" - just the distance closer that coherency allows him to. at least, that's how I see it... worthy of an FAQ though - let's hope they hurry up...

Also, what do we think about his Pathfinders? I think the upgrade is just too expensive considering they are still bog normal snipers when it comes to actually killing stuff... (i.e. 33% of their shots actually wound, one of these being rending... never going to make back the insane amount of points it costs...)

Chapter-Master

I agree with that, only illic gets the Anywhere infiltrate.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    That's like saying; "2+1x3 = 5 is stupid! It should be = 9." It's a simple matter of when, what happens.

Battle-Brother

Actually using BODMAS multiplication comes before addition so your answer would be 5, 3x1 followed by +2. Not that this changes the discussion.

In a SW army if a character takes saga of the hunter, he and any unit he joins gets outflank etc, so a rule on a character can transfer. So i would say that a unit he joins before deployment would have the infiltrate anywhere. But as you say its when something happens!!!! That makes a rule work or not.

Forgot to say, what a cracking model.... Just had to get one on release day.
    Last edited by Serenapth; 06-04-2013 at 02:20 AM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Carstens View Post
    That's like saying; "2+1x3 = 5 is stupid! It should be = 9." It's a simple matter of when, what happens.
    Sorry mate this is a notoriously soft rules set written in English, not the hard and fast rules that govern mathematics. Go *&%$ wave somewhere else.

for example, the fact that infiltrate is one of the IC transferable rules gives far more insight into its intended application than a hiccup in the deployment rules.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast