BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Not understanding the hate for the rumored lord of battles.

As a long time player ( i.e. old man) that started with epic 4ok in the 90's i think the new lord of battle looks much better than the epic version.
    I own the epic lord of battle, really, its unpainted, never primed, i intend to use the parts for decorations for a chaos themed terrain.
    So with the old version in my hands, and a pic from the interwebs in the other,the new one looks much better.

Is it the whole "body on a tank thing" that drives people off? I can understand that, but if it's the quality of the model I just cant see how anyone can judge until you see it on the board.
    Thats all i got, what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by MrBo View Post
    As a long time player ( i.e. old man) that started with epic 4ok in the 90's i think the new lord of battle looks much better than the epic version.
    I own the epic lord of battle, really, its unpainted, never primed, i intend to use the parts for decorations for a chaos themed terrain.
    So with the old version in my hands, and a pic from the interwebs in the other,the new one looks much better.

Is it the whole "body on a tank thing" that drives people off? I can understand that, but if it's the quality of the model I just cant see how anyone can judge until you see it on the board.
    I don't hate it. I just don't like it. Too cartoon for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Caitsidhe View Post
    I don't hate it. I just don't like it. Too cartoon for me.
    Yea, I don't hate it, I just think it's downright silly looking. I know it's from old school stuff but if I didn't know that, I would think in the current look of 40K it looks like the equivalent of bad fan-fiction.

Brother-Captain

Stay puff'd!

Chapter-Master

It looks like a 5-year old was like "i wanna guy with an axe and a tank body, mommyyyy". It's almost as dumb as the castle-with-legs titan.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    It looks like a 5-year old was like "i wanna guy with an axe and a tank body, mommyyyy". It's almost as dumb as the castle-with-legs titan.

while I agree on the LoB assessment, the Imperator ROCKS, its an awesome visual link between titans and the floating cathedrals they call spaceships. Definitely evocative of 40k
    Last edited by daboarder; 06-03-2013 at 10:38 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by MrBo View Post

I'm with you on the old school models. I love the fact that there digging out the stuff from 1st-2nd Ed and epic line, so bring it on.

Perry

My 2 cents: 40k's filled with exaggerated body-proportions - that's fine, since the minis are pretty small, having big head/hands can help - and that's part of 40k's image. But, the Blood Knight is closer to natural proportions. Makes it look "off"/less 40k-ish. Probably why all the other humanoid machines in 40k (titans, decimator etc), have even more inhuman proportions than the standard miniatures. 40k's visual style (for Imperial/Chaos, at least) has giant robots that are a pile of machinery that look kind of like a guy. But this is just a big guy (riding the world's pimpingest wheelchair, but whatevs.)

Because some people think hating everything that GW makes them cool.

And yet still play GW games regularly.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by OrksOrksOrks View Post
    Because some people think hating everything that GW makes them cool.
    Or because its just an ugly model that people dislike. God, how unlikely would that be?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast