BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Ugly is subjective. I'm not overly fond of the Khorne aesthetic but this is a lovely, impress throwback to a retro model. I do get annoyed by peopel comparing them to toys, they are nothing like toys. If you could buy toys with detail this intricate I'd be very impressed. I just add 'toys' to my 'List of things wargamers have never actually seen but have had describe to themd' along with dinobots, Masters of the Universe and segways.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant

[URL="http://www.fantastic-plastic.com/JohnnyFivephoto.jpg"]http://www.fantastic-plastic.com/JohnnyFivephoto.jpg[/URL]

Amazing new pic of the lord of battles for next apoc!! ^^^^

Chapter-Master

I think that this model will heavily appeal to those who are familiar with/fans of the classic Chaos "flesh without" models. Really retro looking model, and I appreciate that. I personally don't like it, but hey, it is a neat idea to revisit the old stuff.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Ugly is subjective. I'm not overly fond of the Khorne aesthetic but this is a lovely, impress throwback to a retro model. I do get annoyed by peopel comparing them to toys, they are nothing like toys. If you could buy toys with detail this intricate I'd be very impressed. I just add 'toys' to my 'List of things wargamers have never actually seen but have had describe to themd' along with dinobots, Masters of the Universe and segways.
    I like the model and think it looks great, big as well lol.

On the subject of toys, have you bought a Wraithknight yet and started painting it? This model is the first one ive come across where I feel like I am painting a toy, lol.
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Veteran-Sergeant

I think the thing rocks. Its so 40k it hurts. As an old school player it really appeals to me. I'm an Eldar only player, but have decided to run Chaos as an NPC army for a long term campaign, and I know I'll get one because fighting crazy looking units like this beast are just great fun. I like when GW dips their toe in the fun side of things, to me the crazy over the top stuff is part of what makes 40k fun. I like the more evolved serious side of 40k of recent years, but the old school Iron-Maiden album cover art inspired 40k of yesteryear is just as appealing.

Besides if you were a guardsmen fighting on a war-torn battlefield and you saw this thing rolling over the crest of the hill before you you'd be terrified.
    Check out my army! http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=22717

As a veteran of 40k from rogue trader onward i can say it reminds me of 2nd ed 40k and epic (which was also 2nd ed).
    I hated with a passion the cartoon era that took us from grim dark to nickleodeon farce.
    I tuned out till 3rd ed when grim dark made its return.
    I will stick to FW thanks.

Chapter-Master

I want to get one only to mount on a RC car and chase kids around the neighborhood with it.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Tis an abomination unto nuggin!

Quote Originally Posted by Lexington View Post
    Or because its just an ugly model that people dislike. God, how unlikely would that be?
    Except its the same people saying the same thing about every model GW makes.

Librarian

i love the model, for both its nod to the past and its modernity.

however i mourn the loss of old school slaanesh that came along with 3rd ed, well all chaos got tamed down (track down the old kharn short about his kill counter from an old WD, by bill king for an idea of what i mean )

id love for GW to make sickening chaos models again, as well as some crazy orks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast