BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Sonikgav View Post
    Never take a Knight to do a Lords job. I honestly think a Laser/Lance Wraithlord is far more points effective than a Knight. Scatter Laser + Twin Linked Brightlance on the move can hurt tanks and infantry. Bright Lance is just as effective against AV14 as the Heavy D, though that Suncannon is nice...

Lord is also much easier to hide and is also a Charachter so can pull Challenge shenanigans if it so chooses and gets placed shots!
    I want to point out if the serpent stays under 6" it can possibly fire 14 strength 6-7 twinlinked shots.

Quote Originally Posted by chicop76 View Post
    I want to point out if the serpent stays under 6" it can possibly fire 14 strength 6-7 twinlinked shots.
    Ok, thanks for that.... but what on Earth does that have to do with a comparison between a Wraithknight and a Wraithlord?

Y trade a serpent for a knight or lord with stats like these? I suppose

But I really want the knight to be amazing!

I am a fan of knights, but i don't see that set up being worth it. You're paying 300 odd points for 3 s6 small blasts each turn. that's insane. As an example you could take a support battery of 3 d-cannons AND another crimson hunter for about the same cost. Or swap the crimson hunter for a big squad of warp spiders. You can get a lot more for the points that the suncannon knight gives.

There are two viable knight set ups that i can see atm. One is just the plain, vanilla dual s10 one. It gives you something we don't have a lot of (very high strength shooting) and while it can be negated by certain army builds, just like the suncannon, it's a lot less points. The other if the melee upgrade with no guns. It's quick, brutal and threatens pretty much everything due to it's movement, high str and good number of attacks. It's far superior to a lord in a roaming 'disrupt and destroy' role. Having a melee lord seems like it could by a free pass for the rest of your army for a couple of turns, letting you get into position or just let lose with all their shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Chexmix282 View Post
    This is my first draft with the new Eldar Codex. I don't expect to make many changes, and I feel that this list is very powerful in it's current state.

Every Wave Serpent has Scatter Lasers to take advantage of the Laser Lock rule; effectively twin-linking the D6+1 S7 shots from firing the Wave Serpent Shield. This army gets 6D6+6 S7 and 42 S6 shots from the Wave Serpents, all of which are twin-linked. That is a huge amount of mid-strength firepower, and enemy transports and light-mid armor vehicles should be dealt with easily. The Fire Prisms and Fire Dragons target AV13/AV14 vehicles.

Primary Detachment - Eldar

HQ
    Autarch 83
    -Fusion Gun, Scorpion Chainsword

Elites
    8 Fire Dragons 176
    Wave Serpent 130
    -TL Scatter Laser, Shuriken Cannon

8 Fire Dragons 176
    Wave Serpent 130

Troops
    5 Dire Avengers 65
    Wave Serpent 130

5 Dire Avengers 65
    Wave Serpent 130

5 Dire Avengers 65
    Wave Serpent 130

5 Dire Avengers 65
    Wave Serpent 13

Heavy Support
    Fire Prism 125

Fire Prism 125

Fire Prism 125

Total: 1,850

Thoughts?
    Dropping fire prism to a night spinner. It helps deal with horde a little better as with barrage and that torrent flamer can be useful. I would also take two of the wave serpents and take bright lances on them.

Nightspinner is cool. It can also be useful to snipe characters, with the wounds being assigned from the middle and the probable rends.

Is it worth putting guardians into serpents for more bodies?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12