BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Chaplain

I think most of the 40k novels are alright, but it all depends on what you are expecting when you pick them up. Some of them offer a much deeper experience than others that's for sure .

Ive enjoyed everything ive read so far(cant comment on rynns world though!) and some of them weren't literary masterpieces by any means, but I knew what I was reading and enjoyed them as nice straight forward reads as much as I enjoy the more complex and "better" written stuff for being much deeper and more immersive.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by GravesDisease View Post
    Is the consensus that Rynn's World was that that bad? It's the book that got me back into the hobby after an 8 year break.
    I honestly think it's a solid book. Not the best, but certainly not the worst. I'd say that "Hunt For Voldorius" holds that title.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

PoK is the only Black Library novel that I have never finished. I decided to put it down and do something better.

It was too military history for me. No characters that I was endeared to.

I love Military History... The book is not that bad, I've read much worse.

Battle-Brother

Soul Drinkers for me the best SM novels by far. The rest are all 'yes my lord' and 'you will die by my honour' blah blah blah. Space Marines are so dull when it comes to dialogue. That's why I mostly stick to Gaunts Ghosts and Ciaphas Cain... and continue to inexplicably keep buying HH series books.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by morninson View Post
    Soul Drinkers for me the best SM novels by far. The rest are all 'yes my lord' and 'you will die by my honour' blah blah blah. Space Marines are so dull when it comes to dialogue. That's why I mostly stick to Gaunts Ghosts and Ciaphas Cain... and continue to inexplicably keep buying HH series books.
    Light bulb...you got my creative juices flowing for another short story. Cheers mate.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234