BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    It's an Iron Hands book. It just...man it makes me hate them, even if they are loyalist.

Well, from all of their fluff, seem like a bunch of impersonal D-bags.
    But now I must read it.

Chapter-Master

Clearly no one here has read the Dawn of War trilogy....
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    I've avoided it because of the fact that they produced a book purely to profit off popularity of the game. I don't like obvious money grabs. I prefer them to be more subtle and convince me that I'm using my money for something singular or unique after a fashion.

And...if you played all of the DoW games, why read the books?
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Quote Originally Posted by Jmaximum View Post
    Well, from all of their fluff, seem like a bunch of impersonal D-bags.
    But now I must read it.
    The book was nice because it let you see multiple points of view of their dicketry. It all gets tied together in the end, and actually made me consider playing them.
    Calm down. This is supposed to be FUN.

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post

Sadly, I am reading it right now. About 150 to go or so. I am at the part where, laughably, the eldar harlequins perform their art on stage, and then have a Broadway-esque post-show discussion with each other.

We really need a good CS Goto meme.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by DesertOfZin View Post
    Really? So you've not read Hunt for Voldorius then? I've read and enjoyed a lot of bad SF. Hunt For Voldorius is a step too far.

"Oh, look. Voldorius is over there. Oh, that's not Voldorius. Oh look, he's really over there!"
    The bit where the Alpha Legion champion shoots at the white scar captain at point blank range and fails to aim for the captains unhelmeted head made me face palm

Quote Originally Posted by Clewz View Post
    The bit where the Alpha Legion champion shoots at the white scar captain at point blank range and fails to aim for the captains unhelmeted head made me face palm
    Is that in Hunt for Voldorius or Dawn of War?

Battle-Brother

hunt for voldorius

Chapter-Master

If you want to read a good one, check out the Blood Angels series. A lot of people don't like them, but personally I think they're quite good. The character's aren't exactly sympathetic, but the author does a good job of showing both how inhuman Space Marines are and how their humanity still sometimes shines through. Characters make mistakes, but nobody has to carry the stupid ball (so long as you remember how desperately the Space Marines want something to hope for, and believe that only a radical shift in their circumstances will give them that hope - if you forget that, some of the characters do some stupid things.).
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Is that Blood Angels book the one about the two brothers, and something supremely unique happens to one of them? (Don't want to give too much away, as I think I may have read it.)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast