BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

I didn't read section 7 of the commenting rules
    [url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/faq.php?faq=termsmaster#faq_termsuse[/url]
    Last edited by The Girl; 06-06-2013 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrauGeist View Post
    You continue to fail with apples to oranges comparison.

As I noted above, those 10 Tallarn are equivalent to:
    2 Heroines ($10 each)
    6 Troops ($15 for 5 = $3 each)
    2 Support ($15 set)
    = 10 models for $53 total

To count that as 10 Troops means that you're ignoring the Specials and Support which cost more.

Now I know you've all moist over Raging Heroes doing girls, but you're getting hormonal here and failing to be rational.

GW's Tallarn set is $40 total. It is a clearly better value than Raging Heroes. Acknowledge it and move on, like a big girl.
    Maybe don't imply that the only reason a woman gets upset is due to hormones? Pretty stupid thing to say.

You do sort of have a point though, as the troop sets for the Raging Heroes only includes basic weapons, the special weapons are all charcter models so far and the support weapons are extra too. Add in the S&H costs and they're not cheaper. They will probably end up being nicer, more modern models though, I love the Tallarn, I'm old and have fond memories, but they're dated. We've not yet seen anything showing what the troops should look like, but I have no doubt the charcters will be very good sculpts, based on previous RH stuff.

I just wish they weren't all in knee-high boots with boob armour and their stomachs out. They're doing three factions, couldn't they have done one that was a bit more sensibly dressed?

Veteran-Sergeant

@GrauGeist I believe you aren't reading all of the descriptions on the troops options, example:

To make a 10 person squad, like your Tallarn, you would only need to get the Regular Troopers box, which does have basic infantry, but you would also get the Command Group box, which gives you the option to make a Sergeant with two (2) heavy weapon options. You don't need to pick up the heroines and the support set to match your example of a Tallarn squad.

I believe this is what Eldargal was trying to explain.

Oh, and by the way, the whole "hormonal" thing, and calling someone irrational, after seeing it was just a misunderstanding, makes you look like a sexist idiot, have a bit more respect towards women.
    Last edited by ChacoStylez; 06-06-2013 at 01:04 PM.

He isn't worth responding too, just ignore him. He is hell bent on twisting the figures and selecting what units to calculate to support his theory rather than just comparing like with like. The sexist comment just goes to cement my opinion of him as a moron.

Currently sitting at 205k with heavy Kuganoa troops unlocked, the freebie tank girl unlocked and new stretch goals revealed:

Next up at 310k is

New goals are 330 and 350k:

I adore thie one, she really looks like she could stop a tank column on her own.

There is also an unknown freebie coming at 350k.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant

Mad Nurse Bernadette looks sooooooo far away, but at least there will be a second freebie unlocked once her stretch goal is met as well. It's a shame though, these models will have way more character then the old Catachan Jungle Fighters, these models are showing their age.

Veteran-Sergeant

That is MAJ Severina Madsen unlocked, next up is $330K and the Tank Stopper Katrina Zerga.

My first thought was 'Boo, open, exposed pilot. But then I read that it was re-purposes construction equipment not purpose built military equipment so I think it fits with the Jailbirds whole aesthetic and background.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant

The mechas are going to make great counts-as light walkers, if they are the right size that is.

So, updates:
    The Toughest Girls of the Galaxy Kickstarter just got better!

As we mentioned in our previous update, we are working very hard at upgrading the campaign to match the outstanding yet (for us) unexpected level of popularity it has already enjoyed.

As some of you may remember, initially, we had come up with a very flexible pledge system based on a credit system, but Kickstarter asked us to modify it as they felt it was not compatible with their guidelines. So we had to scramble to create an alternative system, that, for various reasons, had to become more rigid.

But we are now in a position where we can introduce total flexibility!
    From this moment and going forward, you can now swap between Troops and Supports as you wish within your pledge level.

For example, say you have 10 x $15 Troops (or $150 worth of Troops) + 8 x $15 Supports (or $120 worth of Supports), you now have $270 worth of a combination of Troops and Supports.
    This means, for example, that
    (10 x $15 Troops) + (8 x $15 Supports) =
    18 x $15 Troops =
    18 x $15 Supports =
    10 x $15 Troops + 3 x $20 Troops + 2 x $15 Support + 1 x $30 Support.
    Basically, any combination of Troops and/or Supports worth $270 will work.

But wait, that's not all.
    We have also done something for the Heroines too.
    Going forward, you will now be able to swap 3 Heroines for 2 Troops or or 2 Supports, or 1Troops+1Support, or vice-versa.

All in all, this means that you can now swap Heroines, Troops and Supports provided the same overall dollar value is maintained.
    As @Joe Faella put it: "You can just add the values from your pledge together, and spend them any way you want."
    And as @Psychotic Storm added: "Spend the total as you like."

Brother-Captain

I am loving just how dynamic those troopers look, like they are charging into the fray. Very nice sculpts.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast