BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by OrksOrksOrks View Post
    Shall I repeat my "Buffest Dudes in the Galaxy" gag?
    It is a good point buddy and it did make me think.
    But I'm just an old fashioned fella who likes girls and guns

Default It will change my guard army

This is great now my guard will have female companies.

Brother-Sergeant

I missed the launch by like 3 minutes and it was already 300% funded, Raging heroes mine as well just go ahead and realize there aren't going to ever be enough stretch goals for this lol we are going to meet them all
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
    Decimus Iunius Iuvenalis (Juvenal) Satire 6

Chapter-Master

Amusing at how absurdly fast this one is going since it is only it's first day! Wonder how much this one will get by the end of it!

Brother-Sergeant

I have the Kurgonova Sister box set, and these are AMAZING models. It's hard to imagine even metal with the detail they have, but they did it. I already put down 400 towards the kickstarter, because my guard allies and cultists will look amazing now.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Inqscott View Post
    This is great now my guard will have female companies.
    Vostroyan First Born.... The girls unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    Amusing at how absurdly fast this one is going since it is only it's first day! Wonder how much this one will get by the end of it!
    My sense is that this will flatten out rapidly - there has been a several-month wait in anticipation for this KS, and people have been wanting to buy for a while. At this point, it's going to really depend on what unlocks become "must" have.

Right now RH is more expensive than GW metal (what little GW still sells) and more expensive than GW FailCrap. If they can't get the price down, there won't be a huge bump at the end from the value players wanting to buy entire Girl Guard armies.

A shade under 260k after around 15 hours, not at all bad. It will be interesting to see how well RH manage to keep its momentum going.

Quote Originally Posted by GrauGeist View Post
    My sense is that this will flatten out rapidly - there has been a several-month wait in anticipation for this KS, and people have been wanting to buy for a while. At this point, it's going to really depend on what unlocks become "must" have.

Right now RH is more expensive than GW metal (what little GW still sells) and more expensive than GW FailCrap. If they can't get the price down, there won't be a huge bump at the end from the value players wanting to buy entire Girl Guard armies.
    Of course it will flatten out, that is what miniature Kickstarters do. The only one I'm aware of that didn't is Reaper Bones. But with 20 heroines and 30 troops boxes to unlock plus free additions stretch goals they have a lot of way of keeping momentum going. We haven't even reached the stage where people realise that more stretch goals being met mean more freebies.

As to price, you're spouting bollocks. Finecast characters are 16-19.25USD metal are 13.25 to 20. The exception being the eldar range which is 8.50, going by a quick look at US GW. Raging Heroes KS characters are 10USD with 16USD RRP. Finecast troop models are are 6.87usd each (Aspect Warriors) while RH Ks troops are 3 each with a RRP of 3.6, all estimated retail but in line with what RH currently charge. It varies a bit depending on currency but RH miniatures are usually cheaper or roughly the same as GW and are very similar in quality unlike most of GWs competitors.
    Last edited by eldargal; 06-05-2013 at 12:52 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

260k down:

290k next:
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Captain

So which army/armies are you planning on getting from this thing EG? I can't afford to back it for much, so will likely just be getting that Kurganova sniper character or the Jailbird heavy gunner Cruz. Can't decide which to pick yet.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast