BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

I'm getting mostly Kurganova shock troops and Iron Empire, hopefully enough to make 1500pts for 40k each. Plus enough jailbirds to make a squad or two of penal troopers. I'll probably get all the heroines and most likely will end up trading some support choices for more troops, only need a couple of artillery.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

First-Captain

Is it cynical of me to suggest that the explosive popularity of yesterdays kickstarter may have altered the stretch goal levels that were initially intended?
    I have no basis for this, just wondering as there initial funding requirement was 12k and they seem overwhelmed by the response. There are still many units to unlock, like the bikes and mecha ( can't wait! ), so they must have been hoping for a pretty good response.

I'm just trolling really. I hope this thing goes nuclear. I'm just in need of updates, freebies an un-locks and I want them now!

Nope that's normal for Kickstarters. As more people pledge more figures have to be made to cover pledges plus freebies and stretch goals so expenses increase so stretch goals get further apart.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

First-Captain

This is my 14th miniatures kickstarter so I get the game. I'm just evilly suggesting that someone might move the goal posts when faced with such an explosion of cash. I guess I'm suggesting it as it's what I would have been tempted to do

Nepharya was unlocked at 200k and she is already designed, done and dusted, so i'm suggesting they knew they were gonna hit that with ease.

I'm just frustrated cause I want more images and updates

Hulk sad

There are a lot that hasn't been designed though and some that doesn't even have concept art up. There is also the fact that if they didn't stretch out the stretch goals a bit more they could run out of stuff well before they intended to. It's not really sneaky, more pledges mean more models to make so whether the moeny is going to Nepharya or something else it doesn't matter.

First-Captain

I know you're right
    But your reasoned brand of level headedness is not want I want right now
    I want BLAH BLAH BLAH, freebies, BLAH BLAH BLAH, stretch goals!

I have a real penchant for snipers and bikers and my pledge might skyrocket if these are good.

I'm hoping by the end of the run we have details about their proposed game. They sound like they have real ambitions for the future of their company. I'm excited for them.
    Vive la france.

God, the comments section of the Kickstarter is pathetic. It's been up 24 hours and the three people at RH were up late and people are already whining about a lack of communication for gods sake. Not to mention the hysterics from people who don't understand how miniature Kickstarters get more expensive to produce the more pledges there are.

First-Captain

Just had a look. I don't remember a comments section like that before.
    I hope you will not tar me with their brush for my tongue in cheek comments above.
    It seems like a lesson in managing expectations is available somewhere in that lot.
    I think a well crafted update will calm it down.

Nope, not saying anything against you. There is a difference to voicing concerns and constantly complaining about it and doubting the explanations given by the Heralds. Also there was one guy claiming he knew for a fact the cost to RH didn't increase as more people pledged for gods sake. It's really irritating, not going to look at it anymore. I just hope it doesn't put pledgers off and that RH get on top of things once it's settled down.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    As to price, you're spouting bollocks.
    GW's Tallarn Desert Raiders (which I use) are $40 for 10 = $4 each.

The RH KS price is 31 models for $188 = $6 each.

GW metal is cheaper than Raging Heroes.
    ____

WRT the communications, it's been 27 hours, and they only have 2 updates after smashing through the initial goals?
    Last edited by GrauGeist; 06-05-2013 at 04:15 PM.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast