BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by OrksOrksOrks View Post
    Expect that the Power Armour of Starship Troopers is more like a Mecha than the armour of a GW Space Marine, they're not the same at all. Again, in name only, the concepts are totally different.
    Well not my fault they had awesome power armour that probably can kill a squad of marines in not so awesome power armour.

Power Armour, Exo-Skelteton, Robot Armor, Powered Suit, Armoured Powered Suit, Mjonir Armour, etc.

Power Armour basically enhances speed, endurance, strength of the wielder. The planes in robotech can be seen as power armor. While the destroids was more robot armour. The armour in aliens was an exosuit.

Man I need to read troopers again. I found some anime that was closer to the book than the movie was.

And what of the various other infringements? A technicality on one does not exonerate the others. Especially when the sculptor of one has admitted he was given copyrighted material to generate his sculpt from?

Or using copyrighted terms and trademarks to peddle your shoddy wares!

Cut and dried? Not by a long shot.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

I don't see the problem really. It's like saying I can't buy a floor matt for my car just because it's not the same company for the car.

How about this thought. Differant companies making differant and cheaper wall charges for your phone.

Bottom line is Chapter House do not stop you from buying GW models. In fact they are encouraging you to buy GW models and than go to their site and modify your models for a better apperance. If GW had any brains they would hire these guys and do the same for them.

However it does come into conflict with forge world which does the same thing.

At the end of the day I am buying a GW model. If GW doesn't give me an oppurtunity to make female cadians and another site allows me the oppurtunity than GW should make female cadians which will crush companies like chapter houjse sells. Chapter House is making money off what GW don't feel like doing.

Wrong wrong wrong.

According to that, the likes of JK Rowling, because 'she didn't feel like' making her book into a movie, WB could have cracked on without a no doubt extremely expensive license....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by chicop76 View Post
    At the end of the day I am buying a GW model. If GW doesn't give me an oppurtunity to make female cadians and another site allows me the oppurtunity than GW should make female cadians which will crush companies like chapter houjse sells. Chapter House is making money off what GW don't feel like doing.
    that isn't the problem though, loads of companies make conversion bits without hassle. the problem is when they start making GW alternatives using GW names, basing them on GW art in a codex and the like. other companies make 'sci fi Vikings on wolves' chapter house made space wolf thunder wolves
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    that isn't the problem though, loads of companies make conversion bits without hassle. the problem is when they start making GW alternatives using GW names, basing them on GW art in a codex and the like. other companies make 'sci fi Vikings on wolves' chapter house made space wolf thunder wolves
    I thought they started doing that cause they was being sued. Which was stupid on their part.

Chapter-Master

That's what I don't get, Chapterhouse could have probably avoided this whole thing just by doing that. And if they did do that, they'd probably have a sure win in court. Instead, they had to specifically invoke GW's trademarks for some reason.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    That's what I don't get, Chapterhouse could have probably avoided this whole thing just by doing that. And if they did do that, they'd probably have a sure win in court. Instead, they had to specifically invoke GW's trademarks for some reason.
    It almost seems like they were trying to make a point or something, intentionally bring up this controversy.

Or they're really really thick....

First-Captain

No. They use to not call them by name. When they was being sued they went full blown name calling. I would think to make it less obvious instead of just giving GW ammunition.

Before being sued I would had like to see them win. However it seemed like oh GW is suing us. Frick let's call everything space marines, Tau, etc.

I remember they was slighly doing it before and when they been sued they just seem to try to be piss of GW now. Which is stupid in my opionion. They should had left things a lone and see what happens with being sued. Now they just gave GW more ammunition to help them win.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast