BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default Anyone else finding the Wraithguard box infuriating to assemble?

It may just be because its been a while since I was putting together models with plastic glue and paperclip pins instead of 2-part epoxy and brass rod pins, but I'm finding these WG models the most infuriating to put together. The torso's specifically are a nightmare the same way the Dire Avengers pissed me off... the seam for the mold is right down the center of the torso, so unless the fit is PERFECT you're always going to get a line of some sort along the top of the shoulder pauldrons. Combine that with the crappy arm pieces which should have been ball/socket - and the hand-to-arm connections on the axes and swords, and I'm a pretty fed up assembler at the moment.

I've only assembled 1.5 of the *******s so far and I'm just about ready to throw the rest out the window.

(That being said, the kit itself is awesome, so much detail and extra bits crammed onto the sprues)
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Can't believe they are still doing that. I think it was the DE venom where they finally had the pauldrons as one piece and I thought that was a change in their process. On the dire avengers I gave up and cut off the gem entirely so i could smooth out a flat surface with either the side of a knife or Green Stuff.

I thought mine went together rather snugly without any seam problems.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

The mould lines right down the middle on the front of the legs is a ***** to get off and not screw up the legs. I've never been a big fan of the shoulder pads that come in two pieces and don't really line up properly.

Had a hell of a time getting the gun arms on properly.
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Dry fit first and with the axes glue them to the arms first before you glue arms on. Other than that nothing hard about the kit.
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Librarian

I wish there was a bit more flexability to the legs, to get some more dynamic positions like stomping or crouching, but it looks like i must use the knife for that.

Chapter-Master

I've been dry fitting but there's just no real way for my giant meatfist fingers can put the thing together right ...

The axes do go on the arm prior to getting put on, I even pin them because the joint is just so tiny.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    I've been dry fitting but there's just no real way for my giant meatfist fingers can put the thing together right ...

The axes do go on the arm prior to getting put on, I even pin them because the joint is just so tiny.
    Yeah, I was hoping to magnetize those too, I wonder if there's a way to magnetize a pinned wrist?

If you make the hole deep enough,you might be able to just push fit it in rather than messing with magnets at all. Relies on being able to drill without rupturing a side wall of the arm though.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kyban View Post
    Yeah, I was hoping to magnetize those too, I wonder if there's a way to magnetize a pinned wrist?
    I usually use ring magnets to do this kind of work, but I can't find something small enough to do it here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast