BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Right! DA shooting, I knew I was forgetting something. Their shooting was comparable or better to the old Bladestorm but without the downside, in terms of kills achieved. Rolling a 6 to wound guarantees a kill really though obviously Reanimation Protocols complicated things a little. Between the rending lite and the extra mobility I was impressed. They were particularly vicious when I did get Doom off against the second warrior squad. Remember Guide is the Farseer primaris power so you should always have it if you take a 'seer.

Oh and I was really impressed with the Fire Prism, the lance mode mode was predictably great against vehicles while the dispersed mode (S5 AP3 Large Blast) was much fun against everything else.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Good to hear. How about the Crimson Hunter? Do you think the exarch was worth it in the end?

It seems a little pricey, but it does give you a bit more reliability. Atm I figure with 4 guns and bs4 you'll probably miss with one.. at bs 5 you'll likely hit with them all. So you're paying the points for that extra hit, which doesn't seem a terrible deal as long as you can keep the flier alive.

It was certainly helpful, I was able to demolish (or close to it) a vehicle a turn with it and then start shooting into infantry with it. But had my friend taken a flyer or a quad gun it would have been somewhat less effective perhaps.

I wouldn't say my luck was stellar or anything either, nor was it one sided I just wish I could find the notes so I could go into more detail. But it was a good performance against a solid list wielded by a very good player. I'm impressed with everything I picked especially since it was basically an exact conversion of a 5th edition list I took with war walkers instead of the flyer.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Captain

But just think, if you had the Spirit Stone you could have had 3 powers per turn. :P

Did you think that the Crystal Targeting Matrix was worth it? On such a long range and already mobile gun 25pts seems a lot for a one-use ability.

Chapter-Master

I'm not sure Crystal targetting is useful on a Fire Prism, as that generally stays back and does the Eldar shuffle (half an inch to the left, then half to the right next turn to get that jink save)

On a Wave Serpent, say with Star Engines...firing the main gun even after a 24" move towards the enemy would be more useful
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Anggul View Post
    But just think, if you had the Spirit Stone you could have had 3 powers per turn. :P

Did you think that the Crystal Targeting Matrix was worth it? On such a long range and already mobile gun 25pts seems a lot for a one-use ability.
    In future I'll probably take the spirit stone.

Probably not in future, I just wanted to see what I could do with it. In this case it worked spectacularly well, taking out the main gun of the Doomsday Ark before it could shoot at anything. It was very much a case of trying a pieceo f wargear in the flashiest way possible (S9 AP1 lance right up something) rather than the most sensible thing.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    In future I'll probably take the spirit stone.

Probably not in future, I just wanted to see what I could do with it. In this case it worked spectacularly well, taking out the main gun of the Doomsday Ark before it could shoot at anything. It was very much a case of trying a pieceo f wargear in the flashiest way possible (S9 AP1 lance right up something) rather than the most sensible thing.
    I would be disappointed if we couldn't do flashy things, it's good to hear!

Yep, it was probably my luckiest thing in the game. Penetrating hit followed by weapon destroyed (obviously exploded would have been better) followed by rolling the main gun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12