BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    Oh, awesome. Are any of those epub readers free?
    Yup, I use Aldiko which is available free from Google Play and it works fine. I had been using Kobo for a while (also free) but started having problems with it.

Fairly convenient having books on my cell phone as I commute by train and always have something to read.

Occuli Imperator

I use EBookDroid on my mobe, (it is running Ice Cream Sandwich ). It is fine, I've had no problems with it.

Though to be fair i tend to use my kindle for digital readings.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

I use Moon Reader on Google Play.

Proper digital codices and army books without having to buy an iAnything will be nice, but I'm much more excite about being able to get the extras like missions and paint articles and whatnot. But mostly I'm excited about Index Xenos and the Munitorum series' of thingies. Some detailed articles on xenos weapons will be great fun. I still have fond memories of a story in a very early WD where Inquisitor Kryptmann is examining a tyranid bioweapon and all hell breaks loose.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

If they include the 'pop-out' sections and the hotlinks in the Android version like they have with the iOS version then I'd happily pay for these, but if they're essentially just tidy/official looking PDF's then colour me uninterested.

The whole being able tap the bold special rule (in a unit entry) and an explanation thing pops out or tap a unit and you get a 360 image of the model pop out really appealed to me (Just not enough to resort to buying an apple product).
    Last edited by Neelam; 06-07-2013 at 02:43 AM.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzybubela View Post
    I think it's a new version of Index Astartes as it is mentioned when it says "three new series".
    I think Index Astartes is the old version returning once more, it says this on the page:

"Over the coming months, you’ll be able to collect a wide variety of different digital publications; some from the forgotten archives of the past, and some venturing anew into the depths of the Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000 universes."

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzybubela View Post
    I found this and thought people would be interested:
    [url]http://www.blacklibrary.com/digital-editions-preview.html[/url]
    This makes me happy. I have been reading the majority of my BL stuff via my phone (android) and am a PC user. I've been miffed by the sole support of Ipad, as I'd love digital codex, but do not want to pay for Apple or use Apple gear.

Hopefully this is the start of something good.

Veteran-Sergeant

I downloaded the preview and tried reading it using Alkido on my Sony which runs Android 4.0.4. The text was fine but I could only see the top left corner of the images. I've never had this problem before so it doesn't bode well for reading their releases off a cell phone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12