BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Librarian

Default Black Library Using Android

I found this and thought people would be interested:
    [url]http://www.blacklibrary.com/digital-editions-preview.html[/url]
    Last edited by Fizzybubela; 06-05-2013 at 10:26 AM.
    "Let them come. We shall smite them down where they stand" Warsmith Vorax of the 15th Grand Battalion.

Chapter-Master

Ooh, a double whammy of Android and Index Astartes making a return. That's one less thing for the GW haters to moan about then.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Librarian

I think it's a new version of Index Astartes as it is mentioned when it says "three new series".
    "Let them come. We shall smite them down where they stand" Warsmith Vorax of the 15th Grand Battalion.

Chapter-Master

Could be, or revamp of the old one. Time will tell

Edit: It does say 'from the archives' in the blurb, so mostly likely the old one
    Last edited by Wildeybeast; 06-05-2013 at 10:51 AM.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Chapter-Master

You've always been able to view BL ebooks on android. You download the .mobi file from their website, save it to your Google Drive, and open it in the kindle app - its auto-synch basically.

Easy-Peasy.

The problem is the GW iCodices which do not have a "file format" other than iBooks.

There is actually interesting data not-yet-out there that suggests that GW isn't serving the majority of their customers by releasing iOS only.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

Well, this is good news I would definitly buy the index astartes thing if I can get it to work on my PC using something like adobe.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Asymmetrical Xeno View Post
    Well, this is good news I would definitly buy the index astartes thing if I can get it to work on my PC using something like adobe.
    All digital BL works provide you with either a .mobi or .epub file. The .epub file is able to be viewed by several e-readers available on several platforms.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    All digital BL works provide you with either a .mobi or .epub file. The .epub file is able to be viewed by several e-readers available on several platforms.
    Oh, awesome. Are any of those epub readers free?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    You've always been able to view BL ebooks on android. You download the .mobi file from their website, save it to your Google Drive, and open it in the kindle app - its auto-synch basically.

Easy-Peasy.

The problem is the GW iCodices which do not have a "file format" other than iBooks.

There is actually interesting data not-yet-out there that suggests that GW isn't serving the majority of their customers by releasing iOS only.
    I think the difference is that they are specifically releasing on Android and Kindle now, rather than just iOS. If it is a success, I would expect rulebooks to become available on other formats before too long. Android and Kindle would give them a wider customer base so it makes sense, providing they reckon sales will cover the extra programming and support costs.

If the Index Astartes is just the old version gone digital, id rather just read books I own, all 4 of them (apparently one of them is really rare).
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast