BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I think there is a neat FW Dreadnought that lets you intercept with its Assault Cannons if it stays stationary isnt it? Mortis or something like that.

Veteran-Sergeant

yea other than aegis... pretty much allies. a good ally for anti air is regular vanilla marinez, stormtalon in fast attack, storm raven in heavy support , add a small scout squad and cheap hq to taste. when I ally my eldar with marines I use master of the forge with convertion beamer, scouts, 2 dreds and a storm taln

Veteran-Sergeant

I may be missing something, but aren't Flakk missiles available to anyone with missile launchers? If not, this should be in the next round of FAQs for the older codexes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fueldrop View Post
    I may be missing something, but aren't Flakk missiles available to anyone with missile launchers? If not, this should be in the next round of FAQs for the older codexes.
    Nope, only armies with Flakk Missiles listed as an option to purchase in their unit entry may take them. Chaos Havoks, DA Devastators, and Eldar War Walkers are an example. They usually cost an additional 10 points over the cost of a missile launcher.

My Space Wolves were having this same problem for the longest time. Then I allied in a small IG force with a squadron of 2 Vendettas. I no longer have trouble with flyers, excepting CronAir lists.
    Last edited by Chexmix282; 06-08-2013 at 08:51 AM.

Veteran-Sergeant

I haven't run into Flakk missiles yet, what do they do?
    You scare me, wolf-brothers. You scare EVERYTHING.-Ahmad Ibn Rustah, skjald of Tra http://grayhartswarclown.blogspot.com/

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Whoop! View Post
    I haven't run into Flakk missiles yet, what do they do?
    missile launcher with skyfire. i think the best option for it though pricey is dark reapers exarch with fast shot, 2 missiless hitting flyers on 2's and no jink saves allowed against reapers. the other dark reapers also shoot less intimidating 2 shots each str 5, but i take 5+ exarch so 10 shots1.6 hits, 5's or better for av10 ... 0.53 for another glance on av10, 1/4 chance on 11

That is a viable solution though, as someone in the same situation that struggles against a flying croissant eater, might i offer an alternative solution? If we're going FW, then why not the whole nine yards and get a hydra flak tank, or save some money and a defense wall, the quad cannon is a god send.

Allied Imps are my way of going though, saving up for a vendetta to fix this very problem.

squadron of 3 war walkers with 2 scatter lasers and use guide on them youll bring down a flyer every turn...even if you do scatter shuriken youll get the same result of at least 1 down

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12