BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Default Better out than in!

I didn't see this referenced in the BRB so figured I would ask. Say for example, an IC is in a transport with the unit he has joined. Now the BRB says you cannot disembark and then re-embark in the same turn. We also know that for an IC to leave the unit, he must be 2+ inches away at the end of movement. So my question is this, if a transport moves Combat Speed or less, can you:

1. Disembark unit, leaving IC on board
    2. Move 6"
    3. Disembark IC
    ?

Chapter-Master

Pretty sure that's legal.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Totally legal. As page 79 says, "They [an embarked IC and embarked unit] can even separate by disembarking at the same time, so long as they end their moves more than 2" away from each other."

Cool thanks. I knew that you could move them both out at the same time and separate, but wasnt sure about the disembark, move, disembark IC aspect

cheers

When you say "move 6"," do you mean the transport is moving 6", or the first disembarking unit?

He's saying

Squad gets out leaving IC behind
    Transport moves 6"
    IC gets out.

I THINK that is legal, despite appearing a bit dodgy

Occuli Imperator

Of course if you wanted to dissembark both and the attached squad was small enough you could just dissembark on different access points.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Of course if you wanted to dissembark both and the attached squad was small enough you could just dissembark on different access points.
    True, you don't even have to do that tho as all you need to to is move away.

There might be times you want your IC to be up to 18" away from the squad tho' I suppose.

Correct I had Kharne in a LR with some Marines. I wanted the Marines to kill a unit that was close to me, and Kharne to kill another that was about 15 or so inches away. So I could have just disembarked both and then hoped for a good assault roll with kharne, but I preferred the extra 6Inches the Transport would have given me guaranteed.

If that's the question, then yes, that is legal, though not really for the reason I originally cited.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast