BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

the trouble under the brand new codex is that although wraith units are cheaper and better only axe boys get an invulnerable save... [damn those ap 2 weapons ]

if you must go for an open advance phalanx try using the DE baron and a spirit seer which should get you a 4+ cover save...
    another option ive tried with some success is Illic... who comes with built in shrouded...

i play a lot of DE opponents so never had much joy with wraithlords ! but in a series of games they MAY get their points back...

assume its a typo but at 1850 you only get two HQ's ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Mcturk View Post
    the trouble under the brand new codex is that although wraith units are cheaper and better only axe boys get an invulnerable save... [damn those ap 2 weapons ]

if you must go for an open advance phalanx try using the DE baron and a spirit seer which should get you a 4+ cover save...
    another option ive tried with some success is Illic... who comes with built in shrouded...

i play a lot of DE opponents so never had much joy with wraithlords ! but in a series of games they MAY get their points back...

assume its a typo but at 1850 you only get two HQ's ?
    Iyanden list, 1-5 Spiritseers is one HQ. Veil of Twilight rewards you for playing your Wraith units very aggressively and in a relatively tight group. An opponent can throw their heavy firepower at the Wraithguard and ignore the Wraithlords, or they can throw their high-S low-AP weapons at the Wraithlords and deal with the Wraithguards getting across the board.

I haven't played against DE yet and I would love to. Tau will also be problematic. I honestly don't think I would bother taking this list to a tournament . . . maybe after further revision and more experience.

mmm... might have to get the supplement... right con that its not all in one codex !

i mean at 40 odd points for a warlock and 50 odd on a bike.. a 70 pts 2 wound spiritseer is a bargain... and they are ld9... so spells might even work !

Two games this weekend, both against GKs, both one-sided roflstomps. I'm hoping the meta at my FLGS shifts soon, Draigoballs run by players terrified of Wave Serpents aren't much of a challenge. Both games had a Lucky Wraithlord kill . . . one Lucky Wraithlord blew up a Stormraven with Draigo inside, another Lucky Wraithlord blew up a Land Raider with Draigo inside. Oh well. The new SM book will be out soon and that should present some unique challenges to a Wraith army.

Chapter-Master

I can't believe people are using Draigoballs still!

Nice list by the way, I've just started up my own one and have been looking all over at army lists - including yours - to see how people run Wraith armies these days. I'm planning on doing a good old fashioned wraithwall list at first, but I'll probably transition into Serpent Wraiths as I build more mechdar army up.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Many games later, I question how much I need . . . some Waveserpent Upgrades! The WS I buy for one of my Wraithguard units (who can't actually ride in it, wooo options) acts as a great gunboat. Since my army is so offense-oriented, it's nice to have one model sit in the back and blast away at the enemy with all that S6 and S7 goodness. However, in a target-rich environment where antitank is going toward my Wraithlords and Wraithguard, it doesn't take that many shots.

I'm thinking of dropping its Holo-fields and possibly its shuriken cannon. This has me wondering where else I can shave combat-ineffective points to return my #20 Wraithguard and #8 Dire Avenger back into the game.

Speaking of #8 Dire Avenger, these guys don't see a lot of board time. I might switch them over to be 10 guardians (91 pts vs 80 pts) . . . . thoughts?

beginning to hate the fact that axe-guard only get 1 measly attack at In1.... looks like they mite be getting their guns back !

if you have spare HS slots free... 3 reapers are only 90pts and they can pull a Serpent as DT...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Mcturk View Post
    if you have spare HS slots free... 3 reapers are only 90pts and they can pull a Serpent as DT...
    War walker squadron and 2 Wraithlords. WWs might get swapped for Hornets, waiting to get my hands on rules for their new cost. 12 Pulse Laser shots . . . mmm. Word on the street is 240 points.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234