BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default The army you always wanted, but are too scared to start..

Snappy title eh? And in no way misleading! Huzzah!

For me.... Night Goblins. There's just something about the little bundles of black clad viciousness that appeals.

Models wise, they're awesome. All Goblins are. Suitably small and weedy, and still manage to look pretty pathetic, even when fielded in a massive block.

Units? Love them to bits! Big block may look weedy, but looks impressive. Squigs are all shades of awesome (but mostly red and ivory). Squig Hoppers, Mangler Squigs, Squig Gobbas, Trolls.... There is nothing I don't like about the diminutive psychopaths.

Background? A total and utter disregard for life. Even their own. I love the ambiguity as to whether or not they just don't care, or are too dim to grasp the concept!

But....but.....all that painting. Stuff the cost. If I wants it, I'll buys it! But the sheer number of models? And the conversion/dioramas practically demanded.....ARRGH!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

First-Captain

I would say space wolves. The reason being was I wanted to run a lot of wolves see. Not that I would have any scoring I would just have wolves. I felt I might not win with just wolves and thunder calv. However I felt a lot of wolves would be cool. Whay can't a rune priest be on a wolf.

One day the whole wolf army would be created.

Lizardmen I've always fancies a LM army but after painting a few Saurus warriors I discovered I absolutely HATE painting them.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

orcs and goblins, or pure goblins for me too. fancied a grimgors ard boyz list, or a forest goblin list, maybe some savage orcs... but I never get round to it
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Occuli Imperator

Brets, initially the cost, lots of lead cavalry, then more recently (last 2 years or so) the "new bret book is just around the corner".
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

An imp guard tank regiment(Anybody remember that old WD with the bloke who had about 50 tanks? I want more...)
    An Airborne cavalry regiment
    A Tallarn desert recon company mounted on cold ones
    Bretonnians cause they look awesome

That's just a start...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Librarian

Vampire counts but due to having 5 40k armies that rarely see use a wood elf army that has been used twice and countless other models, I don't think it would be logical

Chapter-Master

I'm scared to start...ooh tough one. Would probably be Warriors of Chaos because everybody in my local area plays them, but the models are so darn awesome. Ah well, I'll settle for High Elves and Vampire Counts.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

My long term goal was to have an 'Ard Boys (2500 points when Ard Boys was around) ready army for each 40K army available. However the Deamons and CSM literally creep me out...and I use 'literally' literally. The fluff, the pictures all of it. I would like to have a standing army ready to play, but ewwwww. The tongues on the Slannesh model, etc. I don't even read the fluff in the codex...I just look at the army lists so I can be familiar with the armies when I play against them.

Now full disclosure, I find Father Nurgle something special. The Vraks books are my favourite of the IA series and when he comes tromping through laughing and killing in that way that all grandfathers do, well, I just find that funny.
    So yeah..
    "I play Eldar, why? Does GW make any other good armies?"

Chapter-Master

I suggest you avoid Japanese animation...

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast