BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Power Klawz View Post
    You can't take mantle and shard on the same character, can only take one remnant of glory per character.

About a 41% chance on the charge of getting a rending hit and instagibbing anything without an invuln. Against something like a tzeentch terminator lord, stormshield imperial terminator captain or other such monstrosity you're probably not going to make it.

Although... a death mission farseer with a good rampage roll might make good use of the shard. 8 attacks on the charge with a roll of 5+.

All in all you trade the surety of something like a power fist for what basically amounts to a guaranty of going first and a chance at killing anything. The fearless might be worth the 40 points in certain circumstances though. Rending is cool but ap2 would have been amazing.
    no not quite,

You replace a weapon with each remnant, you can however take multiples, I refer you to the autarch entry.

May take item's from the remnants of glory list
    furthermore

the text
    may replace one weapon with one of the following
    is referring to the fact that you must replace a weapon for each single item. With the exceptions being the items annotated.
    Last edited by daboarder; 06-08-2013 at 07:15 PM.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

About a 41% chance on the charge of getting a rending hit and instagibbing anything without an invuln.
    Is there anything worth challenging that doesn't have an invulnerable save? At least a 5++, but much more commonly a 4++ or even a 3++ with a lot of units.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Is there anything worth challenging that doesn't have an invulnerable save? At least a 5++, but much more commonly a 4++ or even a 3++ with a lot of units.
    lotsa nids?
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

Somewhat unrelated, but Eldrad does pretty well for a "Farseer" in melee. Two attacks isn't much, but when they wound on a 2+ at AP3 and are force weapon strikes, one needs to be careful. I can just imagine the look on a Tyranid players' face when some tiny little guy with two attacks fries the brains of their precious Tervigons.
    A Banshee Mask is great for an Autarch, really helps out units that actually have grenades - though of course most enemies will strike after you anyway when most of your army is I5. Really though, you want to keep both Autarchs and Farseers cheap; they are support characters, not combat monsters like Chaos Lords are intended to be. They don't need much to work.
    I got cheated by some guy in a large six-per-side game that claimed Banshee Masks worked in "first round of combat", not "on the charge". Made a big difference as we would have drawn the game, not lost by three.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Chapter-Master

I guess. But even then, nidz love Iron Arm and Endurance, so they have access to Eternal Warrior.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

The only problem with that is how unreliable it is to get Iron Arm, and Endurance won't save you from instant death. Tervigons do it better than most though with three powers (if you go the Crushergon route).
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

You can't take mantle and shard on the same character, can only take one remnant of glory per character.
    Damn, got scared and rushed for the codex! As was said before, you can make the build i´, going to try...shouldn´t scare people like that
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Learn2Eel View Post
    The only problem with that is how unreliable it is to get Iron Arm, and Endurance won't save you from instant death. Tervigons do it better than most though with three powers (if you go the Crushergon route).
    But my point is, taking a piece of wargear because you hope to face the one army it's good against, and hope that they don't roll the psychic powers that pretty much completely negate it, isn't a good plan. Not when you can take an actually useful piece of wargear.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by G00dySmiley View Post
    Autarch on a bike, w/ fusion gun, laser lance, banshee mask and mantle of the laughing god. 150 points so not a bargin hq... but undeniabluy effective. a unit what can move 50-60 inches to keep safe and come in when needed to pop a clutch transport or zip into a small squad and wipe them out with 4 attacks on the charge AP3 plus a hammer of wrath attack. I6 with a banshee mask means he is aways goign first even againt an I10 model (-5 initiative)

this is to say he looks good on paper, using one this weekend and will report back on effectivness finally get to use my old harliquin bikes.. well one of em anyway i uxse them as regular jet bike sbut got to remodel one with the aformentioned armament , cool looking guy
    he mroe than made his pointts back before tragically being killed by a failed cover save to a missile launcher. played a large 2v2 1850 per pleayer, 3700 per side game he took out doom of malintide, 2 spore pods and then a full squad of long fangs targeted him and thier psycher had ignore cover so he popped all wounds from a missile (5 really.. f%@king longfangs) will play again his weakness if high str ignoring cover/jink. but he is small enough to hide well usually

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    I played a game with an Autarch mantle/shard/jetbike build and killed 11 Daemon characters in a single game so it has its uses, like being a bullet sponge as well lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast