BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Plastic ratling idea

Here is my idea for plastic ratlings:

WFB goblin legs, WFB goblin torso, Cadian head, Cadian arms with Lasgun (mod'ed a bit to look like a sniper rifle)

Not quite sure how this would look... especially the head, but I think it would look ok... maybe some greenstuff to get the head to look right...

I am thinking that the torso width is not directly compatible with the Cadian arm-pairs-that-are-joined-on-the-lasgun so I would need separate arms to make them look right (that isn't a problem, I have these)...

My main question is how do Cadian arms look, scale-wise, next to a goblin torso... None of my friends have a goblin torso so I was wondering if someone here had a goblin torso they could put next to a Cadian arm and post a photo up here?

Thanks in advance!

It'll be much easier to just use the Cadian torso. The head connecter is all different for goblins compared to humans - it has a neck which sticks out the front, not a hole on the top.

Goblin torso is very similar height to Cadian, tiny bit wider.

The legs and torso have a flat join, just like Cadians. Also, the goblin box comes with some legs for wolf-riders. These can be used to make snipers lying down. It's a great value box, all the Ratlings you'll ever need!
    Last edited by miteyheroes; 06-09-2013 at 11:52 AM.
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

Ah, cool... even if the leg-flat area is a bit wider that will allow a bit of green-stuffing to make them more 'rotund'... awesome... these are defo happening now :-)

Quote Originally Posted by miteyheroes View Post
    It'll be much easier to just use the Cadian torso. The head connecter is all different for goblins compared to humans - it has a neck which sticks out the front, not a hole on the top.

Goblin torso is very similar height to Cadian, tiny bit wider.

The legs and torso have a flat join, just like Cadians. Also, the goblin box comes with some legs for wolf-riders. These can be used to make snipers lying down. It's a great value box, all the Ratlings you'll ever need!

You could use Catachan rather than Cadians? The GW ratlings look a bit more Catachan-y, bandanas and so on.
    http://miteyheroes.blogspot.com/ - My 40k Blog: Adeptus Mechanicus, Imperial Guard Grots, Conversions, Battle Reports and more.

Thanks for your suggestions with this!

Yes, I think Catachans would work better