BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sainhann View Post
    To have some of the GW customers to hand over money for a model that is not the best Heavy Support choice.

War Walkers for just 30 points less can have 22 more shots than it.

There are individuals who have gotten two of these things.

Though with what GW is putting out so far; the Riptide for Tau, this for Eldar and soon the Lord of Battle for Chaos you could come up with some rules and fight some mini titan battles.

Going to be interesting to see just what the Imperial Guard and Space Marines will be getting.

They won't be worth the money either but they should be interesting.
    Actually, if GW really wanted your money and tried to get you to buy it for such a reason, the Wraithknight would have amazing rules ala the Heldrake. I'm happy that it is a good, but not must-take, choice.

Quote Originally Posted by chicop76 View Post
    Which goes back to why would I even bother with the +5 invulnerable save.
    Well, it is very strong in melee - where cover doesn't matter - and sometimes it may not be possible to get into terrain without sacrificing your shooting.

Thing about the Force Field it is very likely to be Blinding your own troops which would not be good for you.
    Blind works against Initiative, and the entire army - aside from Wraith constructs - is I5, meaning they only ever fail on a 6. Even Wraith units only fail on a 5. Blind is designed with (non-Battlesuit) Tau/Orks/Necrons in mind. Plus, Blind tests are resolved per unit, not per model, so it isn't like you have to take many anyway.
    Check out my blog!
    http://imperatorguides.blogspot.com.au/

Veteran-Sergeant

Thing about the Force Field it is very likely to be Blinding your own troops which would not be good for you.
    Well in that case it's suddenly totally worth all those points! I'll take 3!!! [/sarcasm]

On a completely different topic, am I the only one annoyed that Vipers with EMLs can't get Flakk missiles? Our ground to air arsenal seems fairly limited, and our flyers are something of a laughing stock. Then again, I'm with the camp that thinks flyers belong in Apocalypse, not regular 40K, so my opinion there can be safely ignored.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Fueldrop View Post
    Well in that case it's suddenly totally worth all those points! I'll take 3!!! [/sarcasm]

On a completely different topic, am I the only one annoyed that Vipers with EMLs can't get Flakk missiles? Our ground to air arsenal seems fairly limited, and our flyers are something of a laughing stock. Then again, I'm with the camp that thinks flyers belong in Apocalypse, not regular 40K, so my opinion there can be safely ignored.
    The only 6E army with multitudes of Skyfire (or tools to circumvent it, such as Markerlights) is Tau. Even Dark Angels with Tactical Squads that can take Flakk missiles still don't have enough anti-air. The Crimson Hunter is quite easily the best anti-air flyer released in this edition, so as long as you use it wisely you won't be lacking for anti-air as much as a few other armies I can think of. The reality is that all armies, barring Tau, released in 6E have limited anti-air, but Eldar have better tools to deal with them than most.
    Check out my blog!

As an infantry, doesn't putting a unit (like guardians) in front of it provide cover? Or did they FAQ that?

(Go re-read shooting through squads.)

Librarian

Well for many it is a cool model, and not everyone looks at things from a strictly competitive mindset, some of us just want new models and cool models. You don't like it, don't take it, some people like it.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

First-Captain

I wouldn't rely on it on combat. Personally I see dead giant robo in combat. Poison gaunts kill it, Daemoettes kill it. Genestealers and harlequins kill it. Hammerhand deathcul kill it. Bloodletter with upgrades kill it. Thunderhammer and stormshile terms kill it. Swarmlord murders it. I can go on. It is great against differant units. The shield is helpful if you fought low I models. Since the models that have good combat where they can kill it blinding those units is really hard to do unless you use banshees. No one plays with banshees, so no combat.

I think it's a decent hard to kill ranged platform, but I think it should select what it should fight. Veterans with melta bombs can kill it, blind works nice here.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by chicop76 View Post
    I wouldn't rely on it on combat. Personally I see dead giant robo in combat. Poison gaunts kill it, Daemoettes kill it. Genestealers and harlequins kill it. Hammerhand deathcul kill it. Bloodletter with upgrades kill it. Thunderhammer and stormshile terms kill it. Swarmlord murders it. I can go on. It is great against differant units. The shield is helpful if you fought low I models. Since the models that have good combat where they can kill it blinding those units is really hard to do unless you use banshees. No one plays with banshees, so no combat.

I think it's a decent hard to kill ranged platform, but I think it should select what it should fight. Veterans with melta bombs can kill it, blind works nice here.
    Those are really the most prominent examples though. It can charge into the vast majority of units in the game and expect to win.
    Check out my blog!

Arguing that rock will crush scissors in a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors so you should never use scissors is silly. Scissors still cut paper pretty well.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by AnEnemy View Post
    Arguing that rock will crush scissors in a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors so you should never use scissors is silly. Scissors still cut paper pretty well.
    Exactly. If I need a line-breaker or a fire magnet, I know where to look.
    Check out my blog!

Quote Originally Posted by Fueldrop View Post
    our flyers are something of a laughing stock.
    Not a laughing stock, but balanced about right. They are glass hammers with high manueverability. It's just the unholy trinity (Baledrake, Nightscythe, Vendetta) that makes the modern, more balanced fliers, bad.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast