BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    First-Captain

1. Tell us what you have and what you can run.
    2. You can field half your army in reserves.

If he's not running early warning or shyfire than the unit is vulnerable to reserves.

It's hard to suggest what to do since I only know half his list.

I think oblits deep striking would be a good ideal. Maybe units of one each. They deep strike and heavy flame pathfinders out of the bush.

Take bikers in reserve with lord that have burninng brand flame the blob. Make sure you get the side where you are killind the most suits.

Take cultist and have them field first. Plasma and melta would be wasted shots on theses guys.

Helldrake comes in and flame them really good and vector strke which is random wound allocation.

I almost want to say take daemons allies and run daemonettes, seekers, or hounds. Thinking about it run hounds and take a herald of khorne with the grimorie of true names. The unit will have a +3 invulnerable save. Take a caster and hope for endurance. If you cast endurance on the unit it will laugh off the bomb and can kill it eventually. The hit an run will help the hounds since they will keep getting furious charge and +1 attack. If you take loci than they can keep getting hatred or +2 on the charge lol on the hit and run. He can't escape the hounds with fleet, move through cover, and 12" of movement.

Don't challenge O'Shova with your herald. You will only have a +5 invulnerable on your herald. Taking the herald prevent you from taking another herald bearer of the true names. Unless you run a greater daemon. I don't like to do so since any model giviving +3 invulnerable saves becomes a huge target.

Again go for +3 invulnerable saving endurance hounds it will fix the problem. The unit with herald is half of what he is spending.

Also the unit does not have split fire. Target lock again does not give split fire. He can shoot seperately with the model with taarget lock. It doesn't allow him to pick and choose who can split fire and how many in his unit.

Brother-Sergeant

So unload with everything then lock in multiple combats? I hear ya'll when you talk about swapping queens, but who would be my queen in this situation? I have no death star units. My Heldrakes aren't going to do much against the 2+ save, vehicles and terminators are laughably bad against the farsight bomb, I have confidence that if I can get berzerkers and Kharn into close combat with them it would be a wrap but getting them there is a problem. Maybe try and tar-pit with a cultist blob then move in with berzerkers? For this to work my opponent would have to be either very stupid or very unlucky. Sounds like fast attack is the only way to engage them in close combat but then you need a unit robust enough to withstand the withering firepower of overwatch. 3+ inv. save on hounds? Sounds promising, I'll look into that. Maybe deepstrike in two squads of obliterators and open up with twin link meltas? should help thin the ranks a little. Follow up with a charge, Kharn could clean up. There are plenty other threats from tau tho, those pathfinders got to go. I'm not scared of the riptide but that damned hammerhead with the tank commander is one mean dude. I need an ap2 large blast. lol.

In this case swapping Queens is just an expression. Ideally you will swap whatever unit they drop the Bomb on followed by you excecuting that unit with whatever you drop on it. You are likely swapping Queens because they are going to try to use it on your best, most dangerous unit if you put it where they can reach it.

Ideally, you want to put a unit out that they can reach that you can live without (good enough to be bait but not the backbone of your army). Then hit them with your unit killer.

Look guys, WARP TALONS

think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Klawz View Post
    Look guys, WARP TALONS

think about it.
    <laughs> Naw... you don't need Warp Talons for the job. A DP does just fine. Once the unit is engaged it is neutralized.

It sure would give those poor *******s some meaning in their lives though.

Chapter-Master

Actually, Crisis Suits aren't half bad in assault by simple weight of Str 5 attacks, and Farsight himself is pretty beefy (4 WS5 Str5 I5 AP2 Armorbane attacks for 165pts? When most assault armies in the game pay a lot more for Unweildy AP2? WTF GW?). And they have stupidly easy access to Hit and Run (Vectored Retrothrusters for 5pts on one model, and you get to use Farsight's I5 for the test). So you'd better hit them hard in assault. A Daemon Prince is a good choice, but you can't engage them with just anything.
    Last edited by DarkLink; 06-12-2013 at 04:14 PM.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Farsight himself is a beast machine I'll give you that, but the rest of the squad is getting munched, especially against something like Talons since Farsight will have to spend all his attacks on the champion anyways.

Farsight will probably kill the champion unless he makes his invuln save. 4 more talons on the charge with no marks will dish out 12 attacks, hitting on 3s and rerolling wounds with no armor saves allowed. That's basically 6 dead fish before the last guy can hit back.

I mean obviously this is a foregone conclusion but I just wanted to do the math to make myself feel better about warp talons.

Unless... I can't remember. Are crisis suits 2 wound models?
    Last edited by Power Klawz; 06-12-2013 at 05:36 PM.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Power Klawz View Post
    Farsight himself is a beast machine I'll give you that, but the rest of the squad is getting munched, especially against something like Talons since Farsight will have to spend all his attacks on the champion anyways.

Farsight will probably kill the champion unless he makes his invuln save. 4 more talons on the charge with no marks will dish out 12 attacks, hitting on 3s and rerolling wounds with no armor saves allowed. That's basically 6 dead fish before the last guy can hit back.

I mean obviously this is a foregone conclusion but I just wanted to do the math to make myself feel better about warp talons.
    That's why I dump both HQs in the unit with some shield drones... and vectored thrusters are sweet!

Agh shield drones. It'd take some fancy footwork to try and make sure you don't end up wasting HtH wounds on those little buggers.

I can't recall right now, are initiative tests taken with the unit majority initiative for blind? I think crisis suits are I3 right? Would be neat to drop in and blind the squad for a turn and then turn around and open some tuna cans.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast