BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TFC and gunner

Librarian

Default TFC and gunner

So my question is this. If I have 3 thunder fire cannons(TFC) and lets say gun(A) is destroyed and the gunner is alive and within 2" of gun (B) with a dead gunner could gun (B) still fire using the gunner from gun (A).

A gun's crew is only those models it starts with, other crew members cannot be brought in to join the gun unit any more than an infantry squad can join another squad

Also when a Techmarine's TFC is destroyed he gains the Independent Character Rule.
    Independent Characters don't count as crew.

No. As page 46 says, "If all the crew models [in an Artillery unit] are killed, the guns are immediately removed as well." Thus, there is no way for there to be an unattended Thunderfire Cannon on the field. Even if there were, there is no way for the Techmarine Gunner to join the unattended TFC's unit, and only members of the unit can fire a gun. Even ICs cannot fire a gun in an Artillery unit ("Independent Characters that join the unit, however, do not count as crew and cannot operate the guns," also page 46).

Librarian

Yeah that's what I thought too. thanks

Occuli Imperator

No prize guns for anyone
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

The machine spirits suicide upon the death of their handlers.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    No prize guns for anyone
    Not claiming prize guns flies in the face of history! Wrong... so wrong...

So even if the guns are forming a single unit the crew are specific to each gun?

No, any "crew" model in the overall unit can fire any gun, though each crew model can only fire one gun. For instance, if I have nine gretchin manning three kannon in a single unit of big gunz, any one of the gretchin can fire any one of the kannon in that unit.

However, only crew models that are part of the unit can fire guns from that unit, and if the crew from that unit are removed then the guns instantly evaporate, even if there are identical friendly crew models from an identical friendly artillery unit still on the table.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    No, any "crew" model in the overall unit can fire any gun, though each crew model can only fire one gun. For instance, if I have nine gretchin manning three kannon in a single unit of big gunz, any one of the gretchin can fire any one of the kannon in that unit.

However, only crew models that are part of the unit can fire guns from that unit, and if the crew from that unit are removed then the guns instantly evaporate, even if there are identical friendly crew models from an identical friendly artillery unit still on the table.
    Thanks! That actually makes sense. I've never fielded any guns as they were pretty bad in 5th. Looks like they got a big boost in the new edition though.

Note that a Techmarine from a destroyed TFC cannon could join another TFC/Techmarine unit to provide an ablative wound. He can't fire the gun, but there is no reason why he can't join the TFC (Artillery) unit, as the TFC unit consists of more than 1 model.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast