BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TFC and gunner

Am I blind? Where does the Techmarine Gunners become an IC?

A Techmarine is inherently an Independent Character. In the TFC rules, it says that the Techmarine does not benefit from the IC and the Blessing of the Omnisiah rules unless his TFC is destroyed. So, basically, he's always an IC but the TFC gun blocks that rule as long as the TFC is on the table. Once it's destroyed, it's no longer blocking, and you get a "free" Techmarine to sacrifice (or keep alive in a Kill Point game).

Oh, there it is. See? I am blind.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    Failed initiative test?

Somthing i havent seen done alot however, is purchasing servitors with the techmarine who mans the TFC. It is legal, and expands the crew of the TFC and potentially adds more heavy weapons to the squad.

The rule for servitors mearly states that you may purchase a squad for every techmarine in your army. Therefore, you could buy up to 5 servitors with the attatched techmarine and have a 6 man crew for your TFC. Adding dual plasma cannons to the TFC is nasty.

reguarding my post a few seconds ago, i now realize that the servitors wouldnt be attatched to the TFC . They count as a seperate unit. But you can still take the squad with each TFC.

True but they make a nice wall of bodies that people have to assault through with one standard and one servo arm attack each. Also it would be a seperate unit so it would grant cover to the TFC and the gunner.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nabterayl View Post
    It's okay. We all go blind one day...
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12