BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Librarian

Default Armorcast Warlock Titan commission

So, this is the largest mini that I've painted. At least that I've completed- and that includes minis that weren't originally meant to be minis like some of those dragons I got from the Asian gift store.

Yep, Armorcast made some big minis back in the day. So, we couldn't really fit this bad boy into the light box like normal to photograph him, so we ended up with some odd angles.

The head is interchangeable. Actually, none of this mini was glued together when we sent him off (I mean, there's just no way to ship a bad boy like this otherwise).

www.GardenNinja.com

Occuli Imperator

Wow, that is pretty/
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Librarian

i have to admit, thats my favorite of all your work.

you really have captured the old look (90s) and evened out the odd scale jump from the epic to 40K. i have seen other examples of the titan and the scale just looks off.

Battle-Brother

Very impressive paint job

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt Codpiece View Post
    i have to admit, thats my favorite of all your work.

you really have captured the old look (90s) and evened out the odd scale jump from the epic to 40K. i have seen other examples of the titan and the scale just looks off.
    The old armorcast minis are kind of off. The detail clearly was meant for their epic scale counterparts, and the Armorcast guys didn't add any more. Current titans from Forge World have learned from those mistakes, and generally add quite a few little bits and bobs.

There are some tricks to making it work in larger scale. On the other Armorcast titan I did, I added in quite a bit of battle damage to any of the large areas. The damage was made with very fine tools, so that it would have looked right on a space marine. This breaks up the flat areas with small details and kind of re-arranges the sense of scale you get.

The same principles are true here- the lightning and starscape freehand is in scale with smaller minis. The lightning wouldn't look very different if it were painted onto a Nightlord, so it changes the sense of scale you get from all of those huge areas on this mini.

I really think these old armorcast guys need the details added to them or the scale just doesn't work.

www.GardenNinja.com