BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

I don't know if it'll stand up to the 30 Death Company unit, but I had a terrible time against 15 Fenrisian wolves with 3 Wolf Lords riding Thunder wolves (and another time against 5 thunder wolf riders with 3 Wolf Lords attached with various weapons.) Most of them had storm shields.
    "Technically correct is the best kind of correct."
    WHFB: Dwarf - TK - Empire - Goblin 40k: SW - IG - Ork

Librarian

Full Biker Nobz - Pain boy/Banner/ Kombi-Scorchas/(1/2) the unit with Klaws other with Big Choppa's(these will be in front to absorb wounds)/ Cybork Body

Zhadsnark da Rippa (IA)

Warboss on bike, with Kombi scorcha, Attack Squig, Klaw, Cybork, Bosspole

Tactics - use the Trubo-boosting Bikerz to get a solid ring around any unit you want to assault, keeping a close eye on distance between models, then have Zhadsnark Tank shock said unit, only going about 2 or 3 inches. This forces the opposing unit to:
    A. Pass leadership test, and attempt a DoG attack, this one attack must wound and kill the Biker-boss Zhadsnark (T6 so can't be insta-killed by Str 10 weapons), if not, then the model is killed, and the squad now has to move out of his way, keeping one inch away from the Nobz+ Warboss' squad and Zhardsnark, any model that cannot, is killed. This would destroy a good chunk of models making the subsequent assault from the Nobz more powerful.

B. Fail Leadership test and fall back into the Nobz squad, and are destroyed...

Being assaulted, means that the Scorchas (heavy flamers) get 12xD3 auto-hits... Normal boss would accept or deny challenges, and Zhad's Klaw strikes at his normal Initiative of 4.

Edit: i wrote this thinking the unit would have to fit in a list under 2k points. If using Duo FOC, then 2 more Bosses on Bikes would be in it.
    Last edited by Mr.Pickelz; 06-14-2013 at 02:33 PM.

Chapter-Master

except your math isnt supported by the numbers..
    ?

5 Paladins and Librarian with Swords/Staves at WS5, and one with a Banner, 3 attacks base thanks to the banner, Draigo's 5 attacks, and the Techmarine's 2, +1A for Counter Attack from Draigo, all above I1. You're at -1T and I hit on 3's with everyone but the Techmarine. That's 3 attacks hitting on 4's and wounding on 3's (you're -1T from Rad Grenades), 28 hitting and wounding on 3's, and 6 from Draigo hitting on 3's with one reroll (master crafted) and wounding on 2's.

That gives us 4.22 hits from Draigo, and 20.17 hits from everyone else. Rolling to wound gives us 16.97 wounds on average dice. Roll your 3++ and that's 5.66 dead Wolf Guard on average.

Then we drop to I1.

Paladins hit with 4 Hammers with 4 attacks each for 16 attacks, hitting on 3's, wounding on 2's. That's another 2.96 dead Wolf Guard. The 4 remaining Wolf Guard hit back with 3A each, hitting on 4's (can SW's get Prescience?) and wounding on 2's. That's 5 Str 8 AP2 wounds. I've got multiple models with 2++ invulnerable saves, and several more with 3/4++, so you kill maybe one Paladin on average.

The Wolf Guard kill about one Paladin. Paladins kill 8.6 Wolf Guard.

I don't know Njal's stats, but Wolf Priests generally aren't uber in assault so it's maybe another dead Paladin or two. Bjorn can't be attached to the squad, so I'm not counting him. And if I put Draigo up against your Wolf Priest, Draigo Smash. That's also assuming you block every single one of my psychic powers (Prescience, four Hammerhand attempts, and whatever other Divination powers I get, like 4++ saves, and my Force Weapon activation if need be).

You don't win that fight.

Of course, 10 THSS Terminators would do a fair bit better. I'd only kill 4-5 before they hit, maybe 4 at I1, and their attackers would do like 10 wounds, assuming reroll to hit from a Chaplain, so I'd probably lose my Techmarine and one or two Paladins instead of just a single Paladin, depending on how I roll for my Warding Staves. They can't block my psychic powers, though, so I'll hit with rerolls and wound on 2's with everyone. So I'm pretty confident the Paladins still win.

face it you were talking out of your butt..
    Why do they still let you post?
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserdean View Post
    I don't know if it'll stand up to the 30 Death Company unit, but I had a terrible time against 15 Fenrisian wolves with 3 Wolf Lords riding Thunder wolves (and another time against 5 thunder wolf riders with 3 Wolf Lords attached with various weapons.) Most of them had storm shields.
    i dont use TWC but i didnt even thnk of that.... lol thats a damn good idea

Chapter-Master

Wolf Lords can be super nasty, yeah. Maybe 3 of them with a Rune Priest/Njal in Wolf Guard Terminator THSS unit?

Nob Bikerz get Force Weaponed too easily. Between Rad/Psykotroke grenades and all their psychic powers, Paladins own Nob Bikerz in assault. Heck, I've has a mere GKSS squad with an attached Grand Master single-handedly wipe a unit of like 7 Nob Bikerz on the charge. They are a lot tougher to deal with against shooting thanks to base T5, though.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

this is why your math dont hunt... or you dont know SW

i hit you on 3's no matter what you do.. wolf tooth necklaces .. you might want to look that up

ill even be a cool guy page 62 codex

oh and ill apologize now and say your correct on bjorn my fault i forgot he cant lead the unit.. throw in Ragnar instead.. add a slew of more attacks for you to deal with
    Last edited by rle68; 06-14-2013 at 02:35 PM.

Librarian

"Nob Bikerz get Force Weaponed too easily. Between Rad/Psykotroke grenades and all their psychic powers, Paladins own Nob Bikerz in assault. Heck, I've has a mere GKSS squad with an attached Grand Master single-handedly wipe a unit of like 7 Nob Bikerz on the charge. They are a lot tougher to deal with against shooting thanks to base T5, though. "

True, but with Zhadsnark's I4 Power Klaw and another Boss to tie up the Grand Master, those SS/Paladins better have Halberds, or some Str10 AP2 pain is coming down, and with the atuo-hitting overwatch... you could loose like 1 or 2 paladins which would be a sword or hammer, lowering your 3++ or your killing powers. it would be an interesting fight to see. And the Tank Shock Tactic would lower the models in the squad, potentially killing your GM/Libby, and therefore removing grenades. the only rebuttle i see, is using the hammer to insta-gib Zhadsnark, which then keeps the Nobz safe from that for that assault phase.

Chapter-Master

One HQ squares off with the Warboss, probably Draigo, and at I4 how many attacks does Zhadsnark get? I doubt he alone can kill enough Paladins to make much of a difference, especially with all the Invulnerable saves Paladins get in assault. Meanwhile, the Paladins hit on 4's with rerolls, wound on 2's, 4 attacks each, and since I can ID you by default you only get a 5++ and no FNP. My I4, ignoring Draigo, kills 17 Nob Bikerz on average. Draigo Force Weapons your Warboss, and the only attacks you get are Zhandsnark's. Unless I'm missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by rle68 View Post
    this is why your math dont hunt... or you dont know SW

i hit you on 3's no matter what you do.. wolf tooth necklaces .. you might want to look that up

ill even be a cool guy page 62 codex
    I know what they do. It doesn't matter. You can't take Wolf Tooth Necklaces on Wolf Guard. Even if they did, then you'd maybe kill 2 Paladins instead of 1. Tides are definitely turning.

Edit: I didn't know maths could hunt... you learn something new every day, I guess.

Zhardsnark is [EDIT: I4 after all, my bad]. I agree that a tricked-out nob bikerz squad wouldn't defeat that paladin squad, though.

EDIT: You've never heard the phrase, "Your X don't hunt," DarkLink?
    Last edited by Nabterayl; 06-14-2013 at 03:29 PM.

Chapter-Master

No. Sounds like something a redneck would say.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast