BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Nah, that's not what I'm saying. I'm very pleased that the court has ruled that, no, you can't take food off Jes Goodwin's table. That needed to happen, because otherwise it's just banditry. Whatever one thinks of GW The Institution, GW's studio is made up of talented and imaginative people who deserve to be able to make a living off their own ******* work.

It's just that I feel like having set that precedent is enough.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

How is it wrong that the company is destroyed by this?

CHS could have saved itself a whole heap of grief if when the first C&D order was served if they'd C'ed and D'ed.
    Last edited by Magpie; 06-15-2013 at 06:00 AM.

Iron Father

Quick question, how's this verdict going to effect me as a GW customer ?, I don't generally bother with 3rd party stuff. I'm UK.
    Anyone hazard a guess ?
    I suspect not at all.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Those who feel GW have been 'bullies' are I feel being a bit naive.

And yes, I do feel CH should go the way of the Dodo over this. Although some of what they did has been ruled fair game (and I'm not debating those bits. Safe to assume Mr Judgeypants knows far more than us plebs), they have been caught on various others.

And don't forget, CH exists solely as a (my words) parasite company. All their money came from using someone else's graft. I personally find that distasteful, hence why I'd be quite happy to see them go. BUT... Had the stuff subject to the trial been only one part of their range, and they'd perhaps created their own setting, regardless of which one might consider to be the ancillary, then yeah, fair enough. Shut down the infringing, but leave them able to continue on their original stuff. But they have none. No GW? No CH....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I agree that they could've saved themselves a lot of hassle, and honestly, I feel like they behaved badly throughout. Making out that you're the Wronged Little Guy when what you're doing is trading on someone else's work is scummy. But do those people deserve to be ruined? I'm not sure.

Anyway, we'll see. Like I've said throughout, if they do get legal-costs'd out of business, then they've brought it on themselves.
    Last edited by Cap'nSmurfs; 06-15-2013 at 06:02 AM.

We're seeing the effects in fewer new units in codices but more complete model ranges at launch and FW doing the heresy series. How much this is really down to Chapterhouse is hard to say of course.

Actual effects of this judgement likely to be relatively little.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    Quick question, how's this verdict going to effect me as a GW customer ?, I don't generally bother with 3rd party stuff. I'm UK.
    Anyone hazard a guess ?
    I suspect not at all.
    You might see more companies advertising their bits as compatible with GWs range. You might see more side by side scale shots. Maybe a few more people might start their own conversion bits companies if they feel a bit safer now that they have more of an idea what they can and cannot do without bring the law down on their heads. That's it really.

There may be some changes in GWs release and rumour policies but how much they have been or will be related to CHS is complete speculation.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    Anyone hazard a guess ?
    I suspect not at all.

well for starters, if they don't make a mini for it, expect it to drop from your codex
    Also expect to only ever see 3 kits a release, no more rules with a model to come.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Iron Father

News just in, GW is now buying Chapter house studios. Just joking. Would be quite funny though
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Special Characters will probably still occasionally turn up without a model; I assume it's hard for a third party company to come in and say "this, is, uh, Raldor Mraigo" or "M'lady Alys" and not get laughed out of town.

Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast