BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ravenwing Battleforce for non-DAs?

Looking at the prices, the Ravenwing Battleforce is equal to 2 bike squads and also includes a speeder and attack bike. So I was wondering: if I just want to build up my fast attack forces, are the models easily convertible into the more standard look?

Brother-Captain

They are the core models plus Ravenwing sprues. If you ignore the extra sprues, they are normal models. The bonus of this set is that you get all the parts to convert them into the Ravenwing. You'll probably find a lot of those parts really cool, even for non-DA mods. I am building them as Blood Angels, so it is well worth it for me.

John M>

Brother-Sergeant

Lobster Overlord is right.

Beyond just the DA bits, there are a good amount of purity seals, books, heads, and other stuff that can be used from the DA upgrade sprue. Be aware the landspeeder is an old sprue I believe and didn't come with a heavy flamer (at least in my box)

Thanks everyone. Questions: So they come with normal fronts as well as the winged ones? And the sergeant doesn't have to be in a tunic?
    Last edited by AndrewO; 11-10-2009 at 10:12 PM. Reason: speeling

Battle-Brother

Hi,

I had the same questions earlier this year. I was wanting to add some White Scars to my existing DIY company.

These boxes are fantastic! You get all of the basic stuff and the DA frames so you can add assault cannons, etc. to the speeder(s). One of the best purchases I've made.

The speeder is the old type.

Neal

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewO View Post
    Thanks everyone. Questions: So they come with normal fronts as well as the winged ones? And the sergeant doesn't have to be in a tunic?
    And YES! You can build the 'normal' versions as well.

Yup, it's easy to leave off the DA bits, but as I'm making these guys for my Blood Ravens army, I'll be using as much of the Raven stuff as possible.

Brother-Captain

Even though it's the old speeder, the Ravenwing sprues come withthe mods for several versions.

John M>

Brother-Sergeant

Yes the ravenwing battleforce is actually a really good deal.
    Please visit my 40k Youtube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Da40kOrks

Librarian

If you cut the wings off of the DA bike fronts, and have a spare SM back pack you can make winged marines.
    "STUPIDITY, If your going to do it, go for GOLD!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast