BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Sergeant

Default Horus Heresy Novella -" Tallarn: Executioner"

I don't know if this is already old news (apologies if the thread has been repeated) but I thought I'd post it up just in case. I stumbled on to it accidentally on whilst searching for Iron Warriors.

A new HORUS HERESY LIMITED EDITION NOVELLA is on the way for September:

Tallarn: Executioner

Priced at: £30 GBD
    Available for one week from: 27th of September

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tallarn-executioner.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	168.4 KB 
ID:	4798

You gotta love the horror of the cover!

::: Synopsis :::

As one of the Imperium’s many staging grounds for the forces serving in the Great Crusade, the verdant world of Tallarn has long served as a transfer point for vast numbers of military personnel and their war machines. Now, destroyed by a deadly virus-bomb attack launched by the battered Iron Warriors fleet, the entire world is reduced to a toxic wasteland where the survivors must fight to defend what little remains of their home. The remnants of the once mighty Jurnian 701st armoured regiment emerge from their underground shelters, and the opening movements of the Battle of Tallarn begin...

ORDERING AND SHIPPING INFORMATION

Tallarn: Executioner is available to order for seven days only from the 27th of September. All orders within this period will guarantee you a copy.

As we're printing and binding Tallarn: Executioner to order you won't receive your novella until approximately eight weeks after the order date. By placing your order, you hereby consent to us delivering in this time. Rest assured, we'll keep you informed of your book's journey through the process via a weekly email, and we'll even send you an extra surprise or two to keep you entertained while you wait.

what's the deal with these novellas? I object to them anyway for being limited runs at an extortionate price anyway, which leaves the out of reach of many of the series' fans, but do you actually get a satisfactory story out of it? The reader is paying several times the cost of a regular novel for less actual story.

The artwork is awesome though.

Brother-Sergeant
    Catterick, North Yorkshire, and Birmingham

I've got a few of these limited novella and they nice to have along with great art work but that it, I have found the stories a bit disappointing like they are trying to fit a full novel into a hundred page novella! They promise mountains but deliver mole hills! In my opinion, if you want a story that adds something to the horus heresy buy it, if your looking for something that adds to the heresy as a whole I would avoid these novellas!

From now on I will only buy one of these if its about Night Lords because they are my favourites and I love anything about them!