BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 154 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey McTorture View Post
    Yeah, Space Wolves are OP as F**k so you shouldn't be complaining. There are codexes that are much more in need of an update, like Sisters of Battle. The only update Space Wolves should get is a big fat nerf.
    Ok, so you agree with me that Space Wolves needs a new codex asap. I just want that 2ft aura to be nerfed and I'll be happy.

New kit ponderings.....

Dreadnought. Existing plastic one is pretty naff, and missing at least one weapon option.
    New kit 1.
    New kit 2.
    Plastic......Librarian I reckon.

Then I go blank.....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Librarian

I wouldn't be too suprised at the idea of a seperate ultras dex. Maybe new codex for space marines will lack special characters that were more chapter specific. Ultras throughout all editions have an entirely heroicly unique Chapter master, Standard Bearer Capatain of 1st and 2nd company, Head librarian, Head Chaplain, chaplain of 3rd company, and Head Scoutmaster. Not to mention their unique unit of Tyrannic war veterans (from days past). We could see rules for a land raider maximus too mayhaps?

Codex aside, wouldnt mind seeing new plastic LC+TLP or TLAC turrets for razors

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    New kit ponderings.....

Dreadnought. Existing plastic one is pretty naff, and missing at least one weapon option.
    Missing several, actually:
    Multi-melta
    Twin-linked Heavy Flamer
    Twin-linked Autocannon (either side)
    Plasma Cannon
    Twin-linked Heavy Bolter

It would be pretty awesome for a revamped dreadnought kit with all the options (and pose-able legs) to be released, but I won't hold my breath...
    GW's more keen on making shiny new kits than updating old ones, it seems, even when they sometimes really need it.

Which is frustrating. =/
    I like new toys as much as the next guy but there are some plastic and resin kits out that that really call out for an update - it was great that the Eldar got their new wraith kits but damn, Warp Spiders and Eldar Jetbikes and Swooping Hawks need a facelift.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

What I really don't understand is, if they were going to do these supplemental codexes a la Iyanden in the first place, why did they release Dark Angels as a stand alone dex? Why not just come out the gate with Codex space marines and release Dark Angels as a supplement at the same time?

Ah well, guess it doesn't really matter. Just a bit perplexing.

Not really understanding this "bigger than bread box, smaller than a dreadnought" thing. I'm guessing it could be redesigned terminators that are just really big, that'd be really awesome. Adding new unit types to the all ready crowded space marines list seems superfluous in the extreme. It would also take the prestige away from terminators, which have been the premier elite unit in the game since its inception.

"Like terminators, BUT BETTER!" does not intrigue me.

It would also be pretty cool to see a new dreadnought with more options and whatnot. Hell you could count dreads as MC's if you really wanted to, since everyone seems to be getting a MC and its almost justifiable with dreadnoughts. (Although not very likely since DA still have vehicle dreads.)

Looking at the DA release you had a few big shiny kits in the flyers and the wacky land speeder thing. SM all ready have their flyer models so they're going to need a big wacky kit. Giant MC dread for no raisins it is.

Still, I hope we don't see fat terminators as a thing and its simply a terminator redesign, the current models are pretty boring anyways.
    Last edited by Power Klawz; 06-16-2013 at 11:06 AM.

Fly Lord

I'm thinking that the new units are just that - new units we haven't seen. GW's big problem these days is so many folks have fully fleshed out armies.

If they make termys that are dripping in detail - I'm still not buying them as I own about 40 fully painted ones.

But a NEW unit with new abilities (and probably undercosted about 10%) is something I can't ignore.

On Tau for example, while I liked the new broadsides, my 9 fully painted ones are just fine. But the Riptide was a mandatory purchase.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

True.

Though given the packed out nature of Marines, I'm struggling to think what could be added without diluting the theme, or being a rehash of an existing unit...

Unless they dip further into relics from the Heresy, like the additional Predator variants.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Bigred View Post
    via Puscifer 6-14-2013
    No clue on authors. Rumour is Ward, but hell, he's rumoured for all of them right?
    General "ugh, Ward" concerns aside, I really hope Vetock's got this one. His Dark Angels book got the sort of synergy and maneuverability the current Marine book tries for, but doesn't quite have.

You know apart from the horrendous fluff, I rather like Ward's space marine codex, I feel he'd do an ok job as long as he reigned it in for 6th. Especially if they're introducing some ridiculous new massive somethingorother, he's great at over the top rules.

Just get someone else to do the fluff, and never let him near another necron codex again. And make sure he's got a stern editor the next time he gets near Grey Knights.

Also I don't think that whole "everyone has humongous collections and won't buy resculpts" argument is indicative of the entire fanbase, or even the majority. A lot of them are younger people starting their first army, the cooler looking the model the more likely it is to sell. A lot of us have been in the hobby a long time and are still yearning for such mundane things as CSM resculpts for their basic troops and *shiver* those god awful old chaos terminators. I'd throw a lot of money at GW if they could bring the entire CSM model line up to the level of recent sculpts, those chosen in the new boxed set are amazing looking, imagine that level of detail on a multi-part plastic kit and my wallet starts screaming in agony.
    Last edited by Power Klawz; 06-16-2013 at 01:51 PM.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    1+ armor.

Only AP1 guns can hurt it.
    Well, that would certainly explain why Monofilament is AP 1 when you roll a 6 to wound. I assumed it was that way just for fluff reasons, but I suppose there is a miniscule chance it was a prelude to 1+ armour, though it seems very unlikely. Then again, so was the ability to run and shoot, or shoot and run (much love for battle focus).
    Donate to the Free Isha Fund today! Bathe regularly and help disinfect the warp with clean dreams.

Page 3 of 154 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast