BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 119 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1533

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Also, lucky to have a codex? Yeah... lucky to be put into the codex which breaks our fluff, you know being the ONLY chapter who doesn't follow the codex AT ALL. 6000 Marines, veterans only in their own squads, crusader squads etc.
    ...but they still have Crusader Squads, and squads of veterans. I don't think "sometimes a Sword Brethren hangs out in a Crusader Squad" is really that deeply horrible. That's like saying the Chaos 'dexs break World Eaters fluff because the 'dexs include Sorcerers.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by krittoris View Post
    BTW PRICE HAS INCREASED. got the price list today codex in australia is RRP 90$
    5th ed space marine codex was more expensive then the others too. What's your point?

Librarian

Sisters never been rolled ? Erm they started off as their own thing then got chucked in with all the church stuff and inquisition! Soo yes sisters have been rolled in to another army. You do not know what the fluff says, the new layout still does not break your fluff, you still get your crusader squads, still have sword brothers both as upgrades and as vanguard vets/terminators, you actually have more assault options, still keep dedicated land raiders, your vows are chapter tactics although not as good but still there. Tbf BT were in codex space marines in 3rd edition got a supplement which was not radically different got a codex in 4th which still didn't add much, and you are likely to get a supplement.

It's the best position BT have been in in years, new models, new rules, will get updated faster, one less codex so everyone else gets faster updates and you will get a supplement, what's there to complain about?

And no BT aren't the only marines to break the codex, each company of space wolves is chapter, why do you think the inquisition gets so humpy with wolves?

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Lol, you're going to get a codex someday with new models. BT players now wont get any models. While they will see every other marine codex continue to do so. You've never been rolled into a codex and abandoned. Sure I feel sisters pain. But they will get a codex. And again, you state things that are silly. BT players don't want access to the arsenal of marines. Why would we want access to an arsenal that shouldn't exist. Graviton weapons and that crap.

I just hope the playtest rumours were of a proper BT suppliment which will be accompanied by models.

Also, lucky to have a codex? Yeah... lucky to be put into the codex which breaks our fluff, you know being the ONLY chapter who doesn't follow the codex AT ALL. 6000 Marines, veterans only in their own squads, crusader squads etc.

GCSmith,

You are continually going on about the loss of "unique" units for the black templars. could you please point out the unique units that are not units that were available to all marine chapters in 4th? because the only things i've got are.

1) crusader squads (you've still got them, who arguably still get their crusader dedicated transports)
    2)wargear (thats what your supplement is for)
    3) background (see above)
    4)vows (you weren't going to keep them anyway as they are from a design philosophy several revisions old.

everything else was either a re-skinned marine unit (sword brethren are just old space marine veterans) or available to everyone at the time (two heavy weapons in a 5 man termie squad)
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

I don't see the problem with having new suits.

Personally I think the Centurions look awesome.

From a fluff point of view, yes GW have shot themselves in the foot by saying "No new tech" but if these things are a re-discovered STC then what is the problem?

Also why do people insist on *****ing about a codex that (a) updates all but 3 space marine chapters and brings it in line with 6th ed and (b)introduces new vehicles, troop types and a new dynamic to the game.

Yes I know there are a lot of BT players that feel they have lost out but they should be grateful that the BT have been given any kind of update. It would have been just as easy for GW to ignore them and leave them out of the new codex.

People are so focussed on what they lost that they don't look at what they gained.

GW: We are taking away your foot slogging Sword Brethren veterans.
    Player: (insert excessive moan)
    GW: But we are giving you access to Jump pack veterans that can be armed to the teeth AND foot slogging gun-bunnies with special Xenos killing ammo Both types are still technically Sword Brethren.
    Player: (insert excessive moan with seeing the big picture)

For the record: I am not on a BT player bashing session but that does seem to be where most of the animosity is coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by Warden View Post
    I don't see the problem with having new suits.

Personally I think the Centurions look awesome.

From a fluff point of view, yes GW have shot themselves in the foot by saying "No new tech" but if these things are a re-discovered STC then what is the problem?
    Agreed, the shooty versions at least.

But they haven't really shot themselves on the foot. No new tech in-universe doesn't mean no new units, it just means we haven't heard of everything. That may seem weasely to get around things being retconned in but the alternative is a stagnation of army lists and no one wants that. Really.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

No new tech doesn't mean no new units. They introduce a new unit and then tell you it's been around for ages, really, you just haven't seen it before.

They're a model company. They sell models. That means they have to put out new models; nee versions of old things are nice, but there has to be new stuff to sell as well. You might have some Sternguard, Vanguard and Tactical marines already; you don't have an air defence rhino or centurions.

So in love with the Space Marines regular cover. All the codex covers have been brilliant, really. The colours! The pose! Especially the composition - look where all the lines are going!
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Chaplain

No new tech also doesn't mean someone cant shove two bits of existing tech together, duct tape them up and give it a new name!

Wait till we see the fluff for the new stuff and find out where they came from

I like the Centurions, they're ace for Chapters like the Fire Angels, that by the fluff don't have many sets of Terminator armour.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

First-Captain

I'm just pissed at losing a codex, and having to pay more for my codex just because it's a larger codex, most of which I'll never use, then have to buy a suppliment.

My codex just went from £20 to at least £70. Thats a big price increase.

Sorry, but after all I've let slide before, especially about the problems I have with things like random charge ranges, I just needed to get something off my chest.
    For the Greater good.