BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 154 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Aramel View Post
    Well, that would certainly explain why Monofilament is AP 1 when you roll a 6 to wound. I assumed it was that way just for fluff reasons, but I suppose there is a miniscule chance it was a prelude to 1+ armour, though it seems very unlikely. Then again, so was the ability to run and shoot, or shoot and run (much love for battle focus).
    I am quite sure he was being facetious
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Power Klawz View Post
    Well I said I wasn't sure about it damn.

But yeah, ok... they'd just give the unit a 2+ invulnerable then instead of some farcical 1+ armor save.
    They shouldn't auto get +2 invulnerable saves. With all the mention units it's not guarenteed, or if they fail they lose it, or have to be in combat. Their is always a condition.

That is why the nerf on witchhunters since if you can take 2 canonness in a squad and to get +2 invulnerable you rolled on squad size having 2 ment you always got the +2 invulnerable no matter what, unless you could manage to kill one, good luck with that. It was the same with taking 12 + sisters for the rending which ment you always get it. Rolling 2 are higher is an auto pass or rolling 12 or lower.

I wish they left my book a lone .

Quote Originally Posted by HsojVvad View Post
    3...2...1... I just hope it's not like it was years ago, with Dark Angles, Chaos SM and Eldar complaining that the SM went in a different more powerfull direction like last time.
    It feels like that way with the Dark Angels at last. They seem to be the weakest of the bunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    1+ armor.

Only AP1 guns can hurt it.
    Immune to melta too, right? They got the storm raven armor.
    "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong."

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Krungharr View Post
    What about a flying Monstrous raven that spits Fenrisian wolves out of its mouth? If they hit, the unit is engaged in combat w 2D6 wolves.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this man can see into your soul and unearth what it is you most desire.
    Armies Played (in order of acquisition)
    Crons, SW, SM, Tau, 1k Sons, IG, Nids, BA, DE

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Power Klawz View Post
    You know apart from the horrendous fluff, I rather like Ward's space marine codex, I feel he'd do an ok job as long as he reigned it in for 6th.
    Oh, it's not a bad book by any means, but it tries to do things that Vetock's DA book did better later on. I'd also just prefer Ward continue to be generally absent from 40K, not only to keep him away from the background, but because of his poor tendency towards "one-upping" previous works - f'rex, when he took that Space Marine Codex and simply made the Blood Angels better.

Well given that GW doesn't seem to ever want to stop trying to sell one army in 16 colors and calling them all unique I don't think you can ever get away from the stigma that vanilla marines are just like the other flavors, only worse. They might have been trying to get away from this by releasing DA first, but only time and new dexes will tell.

The new BA dex really needs to get rid of sternguard and vanguard vets in my opinion though, those should really be vanilla marines' unique units and they shouldn't be shared by any of the other chapters. I'm glad they were absent from the DA dex. Also the different dreadnought variants should be exclusive to the ultra-bros. Give BA their furiosos and librarian dreads, let vanilla keep the ironclad and whatnot.
    Last edited by Power Klawz; 06-16-2013 at 07:31 PM.

Champion of Ultramar

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    1+ armor.

Only AP1 guns can hurt it.
    Actually, no.

Honestly, I've always said Terminator Armour should technically be 1+.
    There are a few reasons for this:

1 - Terminator Armor in 2E was insanely more survivable than it is now.
    2 - It would give AP1 weapons a legitimate reason for AP1 to exist outside of vehicles.
    3 - Terminator Armour was specifically designed to survive Plasma...so it shouldn't instantly fail to Plasma's AP2.
    4 - a dice roll of a 1 ALWAYS FAILS*

The net result would be as follows: They still only survive on a 2+, but they still get that 2+ Armour Save against everything except AP1 weapons.

*unless that's a change I missed in 6E....

Champion of Ultramar

His fluff is an abomination, but yea, Matt Ward IS actually the best rules writer there is.
    It's actually the new Necron Codex that is his masterpiece.

The thing is completely brilliant (aside from Flayed Ones).

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor's Champion View Post
    1 - Terminator Armor in 2E was insanely more survivable than it is now.
    I stopped reading there. 2nd edition with a hybrid RPG and tabletop wargame with completely different standards. Terminator armour was more survivable but then a lot of weapons were much more destructive. Wanting things to be changed based on 2nd edition rules is a recipe for disaster, terminators are more than durable enough for teh current ruleset they just need some tweaks.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

pretty sure shuriken weapons went through Power armour like a hot knife through butter in 2nd, and even brutalised terminator plate.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Page 5 of 154 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast