BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 146 of 154 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1533

Marines lose the current combat tactics in a week and yes this has been done to death but always focusing on the neg every army cant have every thing other wise the game would be boring.

You must be excited about the new nid dex coming out then my house mate has 20k of the nasty bugs n hes like ahhh got to start saving now cause he'll buy every thing x2 (except dex) mind you he buys tones of **** as he works for GW.

And all gd man just gettin sick n tyered of ppl havin sads that this dex isnt as strong as this one and now this one is stronger then that one. They all have their strenghts n weeknesses just have to work around them and use them with a set role in mind, cant just throw them on the tabke and expect them to smash face.

I mean we cant all be Tau n Eldar how boring is that

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by madlib View Post
    So this is a question coming from strictly a fluff/modeling nerd that only collects BL/FW books and paints Space Marines. I haven't actually played the game since 3rd edition.

Question is, where do Centurions fit tactically? Inbetween Dreads and Terminators? Do they make Terminators obsolete on the table top? What are the equivalent Eldar, Chaos, Tau, etc. units? Just curious.
    From the looks of things they just let you take more Big models that will most likely end up completely and utterly useless on the tabletop. (The Loyalist chaos spawn maybe?) I can't see anyway they are better then Normal Terminators or a normal Devastator squad.
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger88 View Post
    Why are you to argueing about another codex in the marine thread..........
    Its what I do?

haha

as to centurions, they are MC murders, if your opponent is running anything baring a daemon prince without armour a pair of grav-gun armed centurions will slaughter it in a single turn.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Its what I do?

haha

as to centurions, they are MC murders, if your opponent is running anything baring a daemon prince without armour a pair of grav-gun armed centurions will slaughter it in a single turn.
    The current Terminators & Devastators can do that anyhow =/

Also trolling isn't something to be proud of.....
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Its what I do?

haha

They are probly equale to obliterators, broadsides and wraithguard build to fill small gaps in an army with a set role to smash all new big models most armies are getting. Think of them as upgraded assault terms that can soften up infantry before they charge or upgraded dev squads that will murder vechile n MCs in a single phase.

They will only be bad n get smashed if you dont support them like any thing in the game.

Wait till you play with them or against them to pass proper judgement I can definitely see their potential to bad they are very odd looking in my books but im even thinking of adding them. (Storm raven, homing beacon drop close shoot the f out something and be supported with 30+ bikes plus 3 - 4 flyers at about 2000pts)

Its what I do?

haha

That's only the shooty variant, the CC ones look awful and don't seem to bring much to the table. Besides, with grave weapons being widely available, you don't need to sink near 300pts on 3 models to murder MC. Sternguard with combigrav are just as, if not better and are far more versatile and probably cheaper to boot.

The lack of an Inv save really hurt the centurions badly and pretty much made them white elephants. Grave cannons are tempting, but the unit is too expensive and too fragile to make much use of those grave cannons against a decent opponent.

Iron Father

Just a quick derailment but worth it, page 128 of this months white dwarf. I spy Isotopes very lovely thousand sons army advertising warhammer worlds up coming Vidars Fate campaign. One of our own in WD how cool is that
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Centurions have 5 shoots ea with gav cannon n reoll failed wounds n damage to vechiles (rumored) any 4 of them wount be to much more then stern with combi-gavs, have higher T n betta save, betta range plus can shot missiles aswell making them smash face. Over kill... maybe but who cares.

And yea devs look ok assault look... yea not so great.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger88 View Post
    The current Terminators & Devastators can do that anyhow =/

Also trolling isn't something to be proud of.....
    I wasn't trolling, I was discussing how awesome this sounds for marine players, and how suck it sounds for chaos ones.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Veteran-Sergeant
    The Phalanx (Royal Berkshire, Great Britain)

Quote Originally Posted by madlib View Post
    So this is a question coming from strictly a fluff/modeling nerd that only collects BL/FW books and paints Space Marines. I haven't actually played the game since 3rd edition.

Question is, where do Centurions fit tactically? Inbetween Dreads and Terminators? Do they make Terminators obsolete on the table top? What are the equivalent Eldar, Chaos, Tau, etc. units? Just curious.
    Judging by the WD, they are line company marines who've earned the Centurion honour (like the terminator honour). Larger than terminators but smaller than dreadnoughts. Centurion assault squads are formed from the company's assault squads and centurion devastator squads are formed from the company's devastator squads (which is why fluff wise it makes no sense to me - surely should be 5-10 strong, but guess that'd either be OP or too many points).

I don't believe they make terminators obsolete. Terminators have their crux terminatus save, are not slow and purposeful, are cheaper and have larger numbers. They've been compared a few times to Obliterators, but without the tactical flexibility to adjust weapon loadouts mid game.
    Last edited by The Imperial Fist; 09-01-2013 at 05:05 AM. Reason: typo