BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 115 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1533
    First-Captain

Ok so to sum it up for me...
    Tiggy is really as ridiculous as we heard (even more so with +1W) apparently... oh well, poster child bonus i guess
    White Scars sound really good (Skilled Rider, Hit&Run and Scout, plus all Bike squads as Troops? yes please...)
    ImpFists sound solid (and who really wants Fists to be anything but rock solid? )
    Templars sound all right as well, although far less unique than before
    IH needed a Character... *sigh*
    Salamanders: re-roll saves against flames is fun, otherwise much as before, without the bonus to Thunder Hammers - fine with me
    RG stealth trait is very meh indeed, but the bonus to Jump Packs is rather neat (at least it works on Vanguard Vets as well as Assault Squad...)

The Ultramarines rules sound much more reasonable now. I'm happy with that; useful and flexible.

Still not sure why Tigurius is cheaper. He used to be too expensive for what he did, but he did at least know all of the powers available to him. Maybe it's that - he can reroll to choose, but he'll still only ever know three. And with Warp Charges, he's not necessarily guaranteed to be able to use three each turn, either. Depending on how you're choosing them, being able to reroll (once each) three choices from a combined table of ~35 powers isn't quite as Guaranteed Effectiveness! as people might think. Also, Eldrad can pump out more powers and keep doing it for longer~
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Lets also remember that this may all be an elaborate hoax even at this point.

2 things to keep in mind,

1) 40k radio has been pretty much the ONLY source of this information, usually a lack of corroborating squeaks is a pretty big indication that what we are hearing is bogus.

2) 40K radio has contradicted them selves out the whazoo on this one a number of times, ever the same issue a number of times, hard to see someone who "has the final print version or an elaborate fake" being vague enough in their statements for them to directly say different things in the same interview.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Yep.

Brother-Sergeant

I just feel dumb asking this since I'm not sure if I understand what I am reading. Ok so you can pick chapters and gain those special rules. I did also read "Unknown Founding or Homebrew". What does that mean? I was hoping that SM would be able to pick out rules like they did for 4th edition. Or can they still in a sense?

Some Space Marine chapters, including some people have themselves invented, don't necessarily know which Legion they're descended from. The Blood Ravens of the Dawn of War games are a good example; although there's plenty of hints that they're descended from the Thousand Sons, this isn't *known*. So you can decide which of the Chapter Tactics traits you use for your homebrew Chapter.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Solution9 View Post
    I just feel dumb asking this since I'm not sure if I understand what I am reading. Ok so you can pick chapters and gain those special rules. I did also read "Unknown Founding or Homebrew". What does that mean? I was hoping that SM would be able to pick out rules like they did for 4th edition. Or can they still in a sense?
    not in the sense that it worked in 4th, no. now you have to pick a First Founding chapter to be the ancestors of your homebrew (something they should already have to be honest if you made some background for them...) and use their Chapter Tactics and Special Character(s) - no mix&match aside from allied detachments. In those (not so few...) cases where the Parent Legion is unknown, I'd go with what fits the playstyle best... I'll probably go with Fists or Smurfs for my Iron Snakes...

So I hear you guys like covers....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1377456423506.jpg 
Views:	1241 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	4713   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1377456501048.jpg 
Views:	1091 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	4714   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1377456547363.jpg 
Views:	1041 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	4715   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1377456690782.jpg 
Views:	1037 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	4716   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1377456797982.jpg 
Views:	954 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	4717  

and the rest.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1377456858264.jpg 
Views:	1077 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	4718   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1377457026040.jpg 
Views:	1051 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	4719   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1377455402520.jpg 
Views:	963 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	4720  

Wow those are seven great limited edition's and one ugly regular cover