BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 97 of 154 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147 ... LastLast

Or we could just wind our necks in, await the book, and then reconvene with what I like to call 'an informed opinion'

Instead of just, you know, slagging off someone's hard work without so much as a sniff of the actual product yeah?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

It seems the leaking pictures have stopped. Was there only 4 pictures of the tactical squad? I'm itching to see what the other head choice are and it there are any alternative helmets.
    Rogue Trader since 1991.

We're two weeks away from concrete information, and three from the release. Until then, discussion is speculative only.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

On a side note I feel like this wave of rumors and pictures was actually leaked by GW themselves to create hype for their flagging sales and get people stoked for a new vanilla marine dex.

Well it's working. I just can't decide if I want to pick up some bent sword forecast vanguard befor they go out of production, or advance order the new set. I'm looking forward to replacing my black
    Reach tactical squads with the new ones. I just want some more pictures. I don't like it when the leaks are so far in advance. It's such a long time until I can get my order placed.
    Rogue Trader since 1991.

Quote Originally Posted by WYSIWYG View Post
    This is GW were talking about here, bad balance is the name of their game. Im expecting the grav rifles to clock in at about 30-35pts because they are ancient and rare weapons and they get three shots if you stand still. Never mind that if you move they only have a 9 inch range and are useless versus light infantry. Anyway look for the Grav weapons to be overpriced and ineffective.

As far as suicide grav equipped bikes, it wont work. A 3+ save is nothing nowadays ( I wished their was an option to take the Power armor off my marines to conserve points lol) and your jink save won't matter because the Tau will just strip it with marker lights, so I don't see that working either.
    If they are blowing marker lights to strip a jink save then that are as I said investing a moderate amount of firepower in to a small suicide unit. Either way I just killed a rip tide for less than 100 points, there death is just the cost of doing businesses.

Quote Originally Posted by WYSIWYG View Post
    On a side note I feel like this wave of rumors and pictures was actually leaked by GW themselves to create hype for their flagging sales and get people stoked for a new vanilla marine dex.
    Didn't the financial report show sales are up?

I doubt the leaks are "official" GW. More likely, GW is a large corp, where most employees are fans. And fans love to show off. There is lots of evidence that people were excited about a new marine book long before the pictures arrived.

Yeah, GW need all the help they can get, having just posted their highest profit since they were first floated on the stock market twenty years ago. Clearly they need to leak like a sieve to save the company!
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Quote Originally Posted by deinol View Post
    Didn't the financial report show sales are up?

I doubt the leaks are "official" GW. More likely, GW is a large corp, where most employees are fans. And fans love to show off. There is lots of evidence that people were excited about a new marine book long before the pictures arrived.
    Sales up, lol no. If you had actually read the recent financial report you would see that sales were DOWN in the last quarter, but the PROFIT was up. The reason for that is simple, they were selling less models and books but charging more for them. Also they were closing stores, firing employees and reducing stores down to one man stores, thus cutting costs and lowering overhead, which makes them look more profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nSmurfs View Post
    Yeah, GW need all the help they can get, having just posted their highest profit since they were first floated on the stock market twenty years ago. Clearly they need to leak like a sieve to save the company!
    They do because 6th edition 40K and 8th edition fantasy are doing poorly. Again profit has nothing to do with the health or success of a company. AIG was posting record profits right before they had to be bailed out by the US government because they were going to go bankrupt. Profit does not equal success.

Haven't seen these rules pop up yet on here. From 40k Radio yesterday.

[url]http://40kwarzone.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/space-marine-rules-6-come-on.html[/url]

More on points costings and unit options mostly.
    http://40kwarzone.blogspot.com.au/