BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 16 of 154 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Chris*ta View Post
    Either this is a WH40k acronym I'm not familiar with, or I'm missing the joke.
    ...I'm not sure if you want the joke explained.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

It is genetic but not how you mean. Very common currently to have more children that are "maximizing their genetic potential" due to vitamin enriched foods and hormone laced protein and milk.

So the contemptor baby is just a kid that reached his maximum potential!

Brother-Captain

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BDSM[/url]
    The Witch Hunters line seemed like a fetish no one caught. The Penitent Engine, Repentia, and Arco-Flagellants are all a blind spot for me that I do my best to ignore.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon38 View Post
    This could be a robot from the old 2nd ed?

Same here, I hope we can use are proxies ones.
    I actually though about the imperial robot idea, given that FW just released some for 30k and that they are about the right size, I have a collosus and castellan and they are both about two heads above a normal termie but not nearly half as wide, easily takeable by and imperium army or heretic army fielding a tech/forge-person. I personally think though still it will be something similar to one of the two proto-type termies from the 1980s that were sort of designated as previous version of post-heresy era exo-armours there single cast pieces one thats sort of halfway to the space hulk version with the big pads, and the second version which is like an in beteeen of the modern termie, older termies and the old dreadnaught, I think people called them turtlebacks back en el dia. Or maybe something else altogether and theyll re-release a modified little dready based on the OG SM Dready and call it some sort of lower class, I mean they did re-release the contemptor from the recesses of early early 40k, why not the smaller attack dread now?

I don't claim to be a fluff expert and I would have to say my knowledge of it is average. That being said, I've heard these rumors of the giant Contemptor/Dreadnought model and when I was looking through the new Apocalypse book this image hit me. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ArmageddonWar1.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	169.5 KB 
ID:	4445
    I've never seen it before and it seems to look similar to a Contemptor. Could this be what the new model is? Most likely I am wrong and if so, is this just a standard titan?
    My 40k Blog: www.warpminds.com

Those are Warlord Titans. They've been around for nearly twenty years - that illustration is from Epic.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

LOL. I thought so. For some reason I thought Warloard Titans were a bit bulkier and more ornate.
    My 40k Blog: www.warpminds.com

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCraft View Post
    LOL. I thought so. For some reason I thought Warloard Titans were a bit bulkier and more ornate.
    Depends on the pattern.

There's also the Imperator Titan, which is even bigger and has a chapel on its back. But yeah, there's multiple marks.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Brother-Captain

The pic is of the 'new' Warlord titans. The older ones were all hunchbacked [url]http://sho3box.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/warlord-titan-front.jpg[/url]