BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 102 of 154 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1533
    Battle-Brother

HMMMM space Marine captain allows a 5-8 man bike squad to be troops, Well Maybe the White Scar Supplement will fix that.

tim

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post

People may says hes easy to kill cos hes only 2 wounds....but he has the potential to be T7 with a 4+ Invuln, rerolling all failed saves....
    That's a lot less impressive than you seem to think it is. On, say, the Swarmlord, or a Daemon Prince, it's brutal. They've got the extra wounds and they're extremely good in assault, so being that durable makes them difficult to deal with. But a SM Librarian? Still not that scary.

What makes Librarians good are the buffs they can hand out. They are force multipliers. But you need to have a force to multiply in the first place. That means either buffing whole units (Prescience), or debuffing enemy units (Misfortune), or buffing very potent units (Iron Arm on a Daemon Prince). Wasting all of your psychic powers to make you Librarian decent in assault? Not that great, especially when you could be handing out buffs left and right that net you a lot more power overall. You'd be better off Prescience'ing and throwing a 4++ on a unit of Sternguard and then Misfortune'ing an enemy unit and then wiping it off the table than trying to force your Librarian to be something he really isn't.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Yeah, Its like the "Death Mission" power a Farseer can have. Completly pointless waste of a power, turning a support unit into a decent combat guy.

I was jsut posting that as an example for everyone saying "hes balenced" hes really easy to kill!"
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

He is definitely a guy you hide in a squad and keep him close to the back with a sgt to accept challenges if that happens.

It's worth mentioning that Eldrad becomes a ridiculous whirlwind of ultimate destruction under his Death Mission. You lose a lot of casting power if you do it, but a Rampaging WS/BS10 T4 3++ Ap3 Force Sword which always wounds on a 2+ is... pretty special. To the extent that I kind of wonder if Death Mission was written specifically with Eldrad in mind.

I doubt Tigurius will be as good as people are saying, especially if he's had a drastic price drop.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Fly Lord

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if most of these rules rumours are fake, though. We got the WD leak unusually early but now we don't usually get reliable rules rumours until people start getting their books early AFTER pre-orders are up. We are still weeks away from pre-orders and apparently people have a codex already. Some of them are probably accurate, gleaned from WD but interspersed with a lot of fiction. At least I hope so.
    I think we are looking at GWs first attempt as a marketing campaign.

Some things to note.

3 well known sites started breaking rules rumors on the exact same day, and two of them publicaly stated they were given access to the white dwarf in advance with the agreement they would not publish pictures.

The next day, three other sites all had pictures show up and continue too for about a week. These pictures all showed up from new registered accounts on these sites. One of the new accounts used the story that they were a customer who accidentally bought a new SM kit from his local store that somehow got it a month early, and accidentally put it on store shelves and sold it.

Since the initial release, some sites have been handing out out rules, publicly stating they have an advance copy of the codex in their possession. These are well known sites.

With all of this advanced information, there as been no indication of rumor clampdowns by GW in response.

Methinks they are experimenting...
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

It's possible. It's also possible that we're a little too susceptible to conspiratorial thinking sometimes.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

I keep seeing everyone complain about Tigarius, but I think that he only has ACCESS to all disciplines, which gives him versatility but doesn't make him over powered. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by flanagin25 View Post
    I keep seeing everyone complain about Tigarius, but I think that he only has ACCESS to all disciplines, which gives him versatility but doesn't make him over powered. Just a thought.
    No that's exactly why everyone is complaining. Not only can he roll for powers from every discipline but he can re-roll if he doesn't like it and then re-roll failed psychic tests (and thus basically guarantee that his abilities will go off). Compared to Eldrad (who is one of the most powerful mortal psykers in existence and possibly ever) and Fateweaver (who is basically the physical embodiment of psychic power from the god of psychic powers) who not only are limited in the amount of powers they can know (especially confusing in Fateweaver's case) but also don't have a permanent way to re-roll failed casts (Eldrad can do it once). He's not over powered it's just frustrating.

Chaplain

The issue with Tiggy made me lol as it is similar in case to something one can experience in an mmorpg.

On one hand, you have a veteran player with all this experience and some great gear.

Then along comes the new kid, a bit of a nooby, get's lucky and ends up with some great epic piece of gear, and BAM! he's kinda better than the vet.