BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 154 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    First-Captain

I take tech marines with Grey Knights. He has ward staff, rad and psy grenades and 3 skulls to screw hound rush.

The priest and inquisitor options help you get more rad and psy grenades on the table. His plasma and powerfist attacks are nice add ons.

However with strike marines this alows for a cheap unit to do well and have two 2+ invulnerable saving characters in a squad. Heck you can have 6 possible.

My fav is tech marine with 6 crusaders and 4 deathcult.

I think dreadnoughts aren't bad. At least the venerable in dark angels have been updated for 6th and I seen them due pretty well.

Besides rifle dreads deep striking melta/ heavy flamer drop pod dreads are a pain. I fear these a bit more than the rifle dread.

My opinion is that dreads are supposed to ge a match to MCs. Thanks to MC's Smash attacks it's not a fair fight. A ivulnerable save akin to terminator makes sense to me.

In the latest sm codex on the chapter master entry(information bit) the picture shows some one with the imperial fist symbol on(obviously crimson fist have Pedro) so what if they actually make it into a special character, would be quite cool to have Vladimir and Lysander to be going round with each other :P but this is the picture from the page on the link [url]http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/7/70/ChapterMaster.jpg[/url]

Idk maybe I'm lucky but my ven dreads always do good. One has assault cannon and arm with flamer, then riflemen, then lascannon and arm. Mine live for most of the games but i always have them backed up well. Never really send them off alone. I use them as support more than a suicide melta. One thing I hate seeing os sternguard in drop pod. Every time i see it people place them badly and they get wrecked. I also hope like the da book techmarines dont take up a spot bc i like using them. But sometimes its like i wish i took somthing else.
    Purge the Weak!

Quote Originally Posted by chicop76 View Post
    My opinion is that dreads are supposed to ge a match to MCs. Thanks to MC's Smash attacks it's not a fair fight. A ivulnerable save akin to terminator makes sense to me.

From a tyranid players perspective, you are right Dreads are not even close to a match VS MC due to smash mainly. But they make up for that in being almost totally invulnerable VS the smaller troops due to the hitting the front armor thing... Trade offs. I sure would like to have seen a "wolf-pack" rule allowing some models to hit rear armor if they outnumber greatly...

On the other hand MC can be taken out by most reg troops while most reg troops have no chance what so ever of taking out a Dread and the best they can hope for is to tar-pit.

I would not mind some better saves on my MCs... Bring back the buyable voltage field +1 str and 4++ saves Weee!! 2nd ed stuff... Warriors were MC back then and had T5 to boot!

Quote Originally Posted by Anakzar View Post
    From a tyranid players perspective, you are right Dreads are not even close to a match VS MC due to smash mainly. But they make up for that in being almost totally invulnerable VS the smaller troops due to the hitting the front armor thing... Trade offs. I sure would like to have seen a "wolf-pack" rule allowing some models to hit rear armor if they outnumber greatly...

On the other hand MC can be taken out by most reg troops while most reg troops have no chance what so ever of taking out a Dread and the best they can hope for is to tar-pit.

I would not mind some better saves on my MCs... Bring back the buyable voltage field +1 str and 4++ saves Weee!! 2nd ed stuff... Warriors were MC back then and had T5 to boot!
    You absolutely do NOT want dreadnoughts getting anywhere near close combat with anything. Sure they hit hard if you kept the DCW, but they only have two attacks, one of which will actually hit on average. Any unit with krak grenades(Pick any flavor of marines to start with) will eat one alive via glances, meltabombs double, and anything else with a decent unit size(Nid swarms, ork boyz, etc.) will tie it up for the rest of the game. The subset of things you'd ever want a vanilla marines dread getting into combat with is pretty small, and not likely to be caught by one either.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Furioso's and DC dreads tend to frak things up though.

The Helbrute with PF and PS is nice too, the scourge lowers the opponents WS even when not being used as per the FAQ
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Occuli Imperator

Maybe SM need a bigger walker
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    No bad Wolfie, a bigger tank or plastic thunderhawk. NOT a silly walker. As if the dreadknight isn't silly enough.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Occuli Imperator

But a bigger walker say Dreadknight size, if not slightly bigger perhaps, in the new dex coming out I don't know games day is always a favouirte to release codex:space marine..
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    I'm sure on the front page of this thread it says something along the lines of its going to be a cross between a standard dread and contemptor, but bigger.
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Page 11 of 154 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast