BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 19 of 154 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Xenith View Post
    They would be depriving a the newest generation of gamers of the glory of beaky marinez!
    If it's true that Tac Squad, Sternguard Squad, and Vanguard Squad are all getting new plastic kits, I'd like to see the armor breakdown something like this:
    Tac Squad: Heresy Armor x2, Corvus Armor x4 Aquilla Armor x6 Errant Armor x1
    Sternguard Squad: Maximus Armor x2 Corvus Armor x1 Aquilla Armor x2 Errant Armor x2
    Vanguard Squad: Maximus Armor x1 Corvus Armor x3 Aquilla Armor x1 Errant Armor x2

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    Those were alterations of an STC that were eventually sanctified. They were heretical. Dreadknights are not ok by the Ad Mech. They may not even be human in origin, since the only other model that exposed its pilot like that was the old Warwalker I think it may be beyond sanctification. This is not duct taping some extra guns onto a frame and calling it a new machine, it's a diabolical machine of sinister origin. A SM walker based on that frame would be unprecedented.
    They will adapt the fluff to allow new stuff. Just get over it. I never understood the concept of the fluff when you consider it hamstrings you so much at new idea design. I love the concept of a dark age of technology but they just have to find new STC's in a Cache somewhere and decide they are okay. Its not a huge leap. Really. The Razorback was a new design and it has changed appearance a few times. They added new weapons to the Epic line a few times. It isn't some unrealistic concept that they can "make up" a story explaining new equipment.

The reason much of the old weapons are relics and sacred are the design process and instructions have been lost to time or destroyed. Doesn't mean they can't be found again.

If it's true that Tac Squad, Sternguard Squad, and Vanguard Squad are all getting new plastic kits, I'd like to see the armor breakdown something like this:
    Sternguard Squad: Maximus Armor x2 Corvus Armor x1 Aquilla Armor x2 Errant Armor x2
    Vanguard Squad: Maximus Armor x1 Corvus Armor x3 Aquilla Armor x1 Errant Armor x2
    I really wish I could get a full squad of mark 8 armor marines. I would make an army of them.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    13 armour sets to a tac box is pushing it.

More money could be made by:
    Tacticals - 2 corvus, 1 Errant, 6 Aquilla 1Mk9 chestplate.
    Sternguard 2 heresy, 2 Errant, 1 corvus 1 Mk9 helmet.
    Vanguard - 2 corvus, 2 Errant 1 Mk4 1 Mk9 legs.

Buy all 3 boxes, get one free Mk9 marine!

First-Captain

I'm lovin those pencil sketches! Warmachine style!

Here's hoping terminators have 2 wounds. Just saying...

2 Wound terminators? Hah, yah right. Lets' be realistic. Only ones' that got that were the Ward Knights.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosplodge View Post
    No bad Wolfie, a bigger tank or plastic thunderhawk. NOT a silly walker. As if the dreadknight isn't silly enough.
    No chance on the Thunderhawk unfortunately. I spoke to Phil Kelly at Enter the Citadel, and asked him for his opinion, he said that to do a Plastic Thunderhawk, the production costs would rival that of re-doing an entire army's range - his example was; "we could do a Plastic Thunderhawk, but that would be so many frames, that it would be instead of doing Sisters of Battle" so essentially, if you want a Thunderhawk, save up, and get the FW one (although it is a ***** to put together, but not as bad as the Reaver Titan)

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    um... PLEASE no. i frakking HATE beaks. the beaks are so BORING looking compared to the other helms. theyre so boring looking that i dont even use them for trophys on my CSM. i want more maximus and more cruscade armors, kaythanksbye'

Fly Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Cadian122 View Post
    No chance on the Thunderhawk unfortunately. I spoke to Phil Kelly at Enter the Citadel, and asked him for his opinion, he said that to do a Plastic Thunderhawk, the production costs would rival that of re-doing an entire army's range - his example was; "we could do a Plastic Thunderhawk, but that would be so many frames, that it would be instead of doing Sisters of Battle"
    And yet rather than make a giant kit that would appeal to every Space Marine and CSM player out there, they use up their frame allotments on the Tesseract Ark and the Aquila Strongpoint, sure to be gobbled up by tens of customers.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS