BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 22 of 154 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Silly question, what weapon options come with the current tactical marine box?

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    I can only recall the plasma and vortex grenades remaining in play for 40k and they were less terrain than balls of DOOOOOOOOM! I think there was some magic once upon a time that let you chuck terrain around.
    Not SM but didn't 4th edition Nightspinners leave an area of difficult terrain for a turn?

Quote Originally Posted by deinol View Post
    Silly question, what weapon options come with the current tactical marine box?
    Special Weapons: 1x Flamer, 1x Plasma Gun, 1x Meltagun;
    Heavy Weapons: 1x Missile Launcher (with the clip of 3 missiles, not the Devastator backpack bin)
    Melee Weapons: 1x Bolt Pistol, 1x Chainsword, 1x Power Sword (not 100% sure on the power sword). Might also have a plasma pistol option, but I wouldn't bet on it. Assault box has a ton of plasma pistols if needed.

Plus the grenade bits and ammo pouches, but no pistol pouches.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

I'd have to find my codex to give you a 100% answer, but I believe they didn't, the unit that was hit just acted like they were in difficult terrain.

Brother-Captain

Weren't D-cannons the ones that had a fairly good chance of flipping the target over and dropping him back on the battlefield? First thing I thought of when I heard complaints about IA Doom of some Eldar.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DWest View Post
    Special Weapons: 1x Flamer, 1x Plasma Gun, 1x Meltagun;
    Heavy Weapons: 1x Missile Launcher (with the clip of 3 missiles, not the Devastator backpack bin)
    Melee Weapons: 1x Bolt Pistol, 1x Chainsword, 1x Power Sword (not 100% sure on the power sword). Might also have a plasma pistol option, but I wouldn't bet on it. Assault box has a ton of plasma pistols if needed.

Plus the grenade bits and ammo pouches, but no pistol pouches.
    They put plasma pistols everywhere, as if we want them so much

Fly Lord

Via BoLS 8-7-2013
    New Combo-box builds Tactical OR Sternguard
    5 man box on 3 sprues, similar to the Blood Angels kits.

Shooting Weapons
    6 heavy weapons (HB, HF, ML, PC, LC, MM)
    2 flamers
    2 hand flamers
    2 plasmaguns
    2 meltaguns
    bolt pistols
    ? grav guns
    bolters
    grav rifle
    plasma pistol
    3 combi bolter bases
    3 combi-plasma add-on bits
    3 combi-melta add-on bits
    3 combi-flamer add-on bits
    3 storm bolters

Marine Bodies
    5 Legs
    7 Torsos
    12 Heads
    5 Backpacks
    18 Pauldrons

Assault Weapons
    Power sword
    Power fist
    Power maul
    Lightning claw
    Chainsword

Misc
    Back banner
    Many purity seals and other thematic bits
    Note: this is a highly unusual rumor release window with directly contradictory reports coming in from reputable sources. Standard caveats apply...
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Would not be at all surprised to see tac marines be dropped to five man... Pretty lame but that sounds like a lot of extra bits in there. Certainly an improvement; good for veterans who might have extra marines laying around that this kit could enhance, but terrible (as usual) for new people trying to break into SM for the first time.

Again, that kit would be amazing.

Yeah, [URL="http://natfka.blogspot.com/2013/08/detailed-space-marine-rumors-are.html#more"]Natfka's[/URL] got a completely different list of contents for the kits. Separate Tactical and Sternguard boxes, as well as Vanguard vets. His batch calls the new big suits Centurions and seems to imply that's the only new unit coming with Graviton weapons.

I'm just going to sit back and wait at this point, because who knows what's correct until the WD drops, but the hand flamers, and two of them at that given currently only the sergeant has the option to swap his bolt pistol, and full set of heavy weapons on that list make me more than a little skeptical of it.

Fly Lord

And this just in from the frontpage comments:

via Roly:
    Saw the new models last night, very nice. New chaplain, new Libby, the AA rhino, and those two new marine+ models. Very nice. V guard, not that interesting.single pose Libby is a stunner with its little cherub

The new marine+ models look like fat tech marines with actual dreadnought feet, heavy bolter/las cannon sling under the arms a la marneus, and either hurricane bolters on each side of the chest or missiles. Armour playing like a col Rhodes style war machine almost. The grav gun looks like something out of halo. The new chaplain is reminiscent of the old blood Angela chaplain, but with blowy scrolls like the apostle. The librarian standing on a rock is a stunner, the cherub thingies will be removing. The six barrelled auto cannon rhino looks bulkier too, with ground stabilisers looks solid. From the picture I'd say it will 99% have split fire. Each set of three has a separate turret. Different front end too.
    Here's one thing to consider - at last count the following kits have been reported as being somehow part of the Space Marine release wave:

"Bigger Termys"
    Tactical Squad
    Assault Squad
    Vanguard Vets
    Sternguard
    Rhino/Razorback
    2 AA Tanks
    New "hover" vehicle

Misc finecast characters
    Giant Kit (Imperial Knight)

That is just a tremendous amount of kits - no way is all of that coming at release. Maybe some of it now and some later, or some is Apocalypse stuff. But that is way too much for any release window.

As I said, Something odd is occuring behind the scenes this rumor release window - and even the reliable rumormongers are flummoxed.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS