BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 31 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

No not the kids toys thing again!
    Nerdrants are imminent.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by StraightSilver View Post
    And I am so not a fan of the Stalker / Hunter aesthetically, just sloppy lazy design again from GW. But of course the rules make it an essential purchase which is annoying.
    Do you know those rules? Because sharing is caring
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Battle-Brother

I think the Centurions would look ok with beefy helmets (which you probably can't get for them, but even a normal helmet would look less silly than unhelmeted).

With the unhelmeted look, they look almost as bad as Contemptors or Venerable Dreads.

Reminds me of the Handymen.

Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Do you know those rules? Because sharing is caring
    Well I probably know as much as anybody but two heavy 3 Icarus las cannons that can fire at 2 different targets with Interceptor or Skyfire mean that they should be able to realistically pop 2 flyers a turn.

Stick Chronus in there and it becomes a beast.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Popsical View Post
    No not the kids toys thing again!
    Nerdrants are imminent.

Sorry, I guess that comment probably could be seen as inflammatory but I just haven't like many of the latest designs especially the Storm Raven, Storm Talon, Dread Knight, Thunderfire cannon, IronClad Dread.

They just don't seem to fit in with a lot of the marine aesthetic and look thrown together.

Ever since they moved over to CAD they have made kits with much better options as they can get more on a sprue, but the actual design of their vehicles has been a bit sub par (in my opinion).

Their infantry though (Blood Angels especially) has got better which is why I'm excited by the Stern Guard / Vanguard vets.

Chapter-Master

I do actually like the centurions but im not keen on the exposed heads or paintjobs. I'd love to see them with Iron armour style helmets and iron-hands colours...
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chaplain

And in yellow with hats on...

[URL=http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/MacraggePDF/media/Centurionswithhelmets.jpg.html][/URL]

Well as it's more than likely that vanilla marines will now be getting the Storm Raven I suspect these will be dropped out of the assault ramp with a Dread for back up?

I for one though would be embarrassed doing that as I think both the Storm Raven and the Centurions look like kid's toys....

And I am so not a fan of the Stalker / Hunter aesthetically, just sloppy lazy design again from GW. But of course the rules make it an essential purchase which is annoying.

However I am very hopeful regarding the Sternguard and Vanguard as I have been putting off buying both in Finecrap but do need some in my army.
    Hah! Thanks, you're right. Now I've REALLY got to get a Stormraven!

Re the 'kid's toys' bit - I think the execution will be everything here. A lot of SM stuff looks very GIJOE, but with the right paintjob and maybe after market parts from Chapterhouse, Anvil Industries and Scibor it can still be made to work. These Centurions exemplify that but might just fit Scibor parts for a change.

Have to agree about the Stalker.

And in yellow with hats on...

[URL="http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/MacraggePDF/media/Centurionswithhelmets.jpg.html"][/URL]
    Okay, don't like them in yellow... But, the helmets look cool.
    Red like roses, fills my dreams and brings me to the place where you rest...