BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 39 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Well there has to be some corner of the internet (relatively) free of whining brats.
    Or apparently, critical opinion.

but whatever... continue "being in your bunk"

It happens every release:

A handful of poor quality pictures released, met with hows of outrage.
    A few more, better pictures released, opinion mellows
    Pre-orders go up, 360 pictures go up, opinion turns positive.

Every. Single. Release.
    Really? Opinion has turned on Oblits, Muts, and the Heldrake models? They're pretty lampooned at least with people I talk to.

The Eldar release overall was nice, but the plane still looks dumb no matter what angle you look at it from, and the WK still is getting mixed reviews. But if you have your GW Mephiston Red colored glasses on, you couldn't ever find a fault in anything they've ever done. Ever.
    Last edited by Defenestratus; 08-08-2013 at 08:28 AM.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Or apparently, critical opinion.

but whatever... continue "being in your bunk"
    Hardly, there has been plenty of critical appraisals, just not the petulant whining notable to other forums. I'm actually disappointed with them, I got it into my head that they would be like little contemptors (I think because people said they were midway between a terminator and a Contemptor) but they aren't that tubby, just bricklike. The poses are too static and there are a few other things that bug me about them. But my own subjective feelings on them doesn't translate to 'omg GW are teh lazy and suxx0rZ!1'.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Kaika87 View Post
    Jesus. Just...no. No. These are criminally bad. I am calling the police.

It happens every release:

A handful of poor quality pictures released, met with hows of outrage.
    A few more, better pictures released, opinion mellows
    Pre-orders go up, 360 pictures go up, opinion turns positive.

Every. Single. Release.
    Seems unlikely for these - the pictures are a little grainy, but nothing's particularly blurred, plus we have clutches of three in both photos, with different angles and poses - enough to get a good idea of their particular shape. They're just terrible from all sorts of design angles. You really have to wonder how these things got through the door.

They are all the same pose and angle roughly as far as I can see.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Occuli Imperator

They are OP! Well done GW you broke the game
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

Sorry Wolfy my irony meter is broken?
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Occuli Imperator

Irony rating 56

I am surprised that no one has commented that the games is broken or that the Centuars (yes I know that isn't their name but I like it) are over powered since this usually happens.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Not even a hint of rules rumour to base the nerdrage on, I'm sure it will come in time.

"Ermagerd the rules will be OP cos GW want teh sales!"
    "Ermagerd they aren't OP GW sux at writing teh rules!"

Occuli Imperator

Not even a hint of rules rumour to base the nerdrage on, I'm sure it will come in time.
    Doesn't usually stop it. I hear that the exo-suits count as armour with an AV of 16 and 4.3 billion hit points....

I like the look of these, not the thing carrying the FW Scorpious launcher but in general. Nor do I like the the seige drills, but ho-hum.

So yeah, Black Templars look to be part of C:SM? The battle report supposedly has Templar units in the marine list, and not as allies. BT players around the internet seem to be flipping their **** over it, but with a 170 page book it seems like there should be plenty of room for them to be represented properly, even if it's an odd way for GW to go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Doesn't usually stop it. I hear that the exo-suits count as armour with an AV of 16 and 4.3 billion hit points....

I like the look of these, not the thing carrying the FW Scorpious launcher but in general. Nor do I like the the seige drills, but ho-hum.
    That thing is confirmed to be an elaborate fake. Go back to page 37 in this thread for pictures of the Japanese mecha model kit used to make it.