BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 52 of 154 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Could be....

And yeah. Now sold on the the shooty centurions. Why? Because I can imagine them stomping about laying down a curtain of firepower.

Fighty ones....still not so much I'm afraid.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Scout

I'd be interested in the shooty Centurions - Drop Pod them in, let rip (assuming they're Relentless or such), and their survivability assuming the above T5 W2 2+ 5++ is accurate makes them a very dangerous threat.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Maakeff View Post
    I'd be interested in the shooty Centurions - Drop Pod them in, let rip (assuming they're Relentless or such), and their survivability assuming the above T5 W2 2+ 5++ is accurate makes them a very dangerous threat.
    I've never been threatened by Heavy Bolters or Lascannons, even en masse. Considering that a model like that is probably going to cost a butt-ton of points, and be even more expensive in a drop pod.. Drop them wherever you like. I'll just ignore them, or throw something cheap at them, like a squad of Tacticals or Cultists or even Guardians. If you take a shooty loadout, they probably won't have the attacks to mulch through even an inexpensive troop unit. Or I'll just ignore them. I think this model is just a response to the Obliterators, but they really still don't compare. An Oblit can change its weapon each turn, these guys are stuck with whatever you give them.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    I've never been threatened by Heavy Bolters or Lascannons, even en masse. Considering that a model like that is probably going to cost a butt-ton of points, and be even more expensive in a drop pod.. Drop them wherever you like. I'll just ignore them, or throw something cheap at them, like a squad of Tacticals or Cultists or even Guardians. If you take a shooty loadout, they probably won't have the attacks to mulch through even an inexpensive troop unit. Or I'll just ignore them. I think this model is just a response to the Obliterators, but they really still don't compare. An Oblit can change its weapon each turn, these guys are stuck with whatever you give them.
    yeah Nurgle Oblits are probably (if what ruels rumors we have are accurate) what the Centurion Devastators be compared with... and they're going to need some neat special rules to stand up to the sheer versatility of Oblits...

Did I read something about 3 guys costing 280 pts in a batrep? I'm expecting 2 wounds 2+ 5++ myself, but the firepower they bring had better be worth that. I'll find a way even if they have crap stats - its like Dreadnoughts in droppods: the only way it still works.

I'm growing increasingly convinced its only the heads/helmets that stink. I'm going to look at regular marine helms and with luck they'll look badass. Maybe some leather straps like the Captain and a dreadnought searchlight over the shoulder. Awesome.

BTW, has anyone else noticed GWs 'Eavy Metal paintjobs are going downhill? Their magazine armies used to look much better - these Centurions CAN look much better.

On 'eavy metal... the pictures usually look better in the actual magazine, but I don't always like their paint work as much as I did. There's a few factors - the new paint range is one, and it looks like there's been a little turnover in the EM squad recently. The two standouts, Tomaszewski and Wettergren, are still there though.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Scout

The space marines need the best equipment and looking at both AA and "standard" stalker tank they are the best!
    However hav'nt we seen something like these somewhere else? Try the clone army heavy weapons in S.W.ep.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzeentch's Dark Agent View Post
    I think it's Sicarius again, that looks like a gold trim to me...

Also, stealing the Hunter cannon for plastic Thunderfire cannon.
    That's just how they paint them, it's a generic plastic captain clampack according to all reports.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Hmmm I like em... the Centurions look better when they aren't equipped to drill tunnels... the new AA tanks look pretty slick... I love the detail on the new head sprue pieces... It may not be OMG THEY ARE AWESOME... but it is a very solid piece of work across the board I would say, which to me is better than 1 awesome model and a bunch of "okay" ones.

Still not a big fan of centurions but the devastator version looks 100% better. The tanks look quite nice, GW played it safe there - but it is better then taking a risk and dropping the ball. The characters don't do much for me, I'd rather pose and kit bash my own commander.