BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 79 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129 ... LastLast

so...White Scars have no chapter ability?

One rumor says the captain on bike makes bikes into troops, the chapter rumor says 1 bike squad becomes troops. Sounds a little useless.
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

Initiate

No Legion of the Damned as an elites choice gives me hope that they plan to release a cursed founding supplemental book (some day).

Default :D

Quote Originally Posted by bigred View Post
    here's a cleaned up version for clarity.

via [url="http://40kwarzone.blogspot.com.au/2013/08/breaking-space-marine-new-rules-3.html"]40kwarzone[/url] 8-12-2013
    fap fap fap fap fap

Fly Lord

Quote Originally Posted by gwensdad View Post
    so...White Scars have no chapter ability?

One rumor says the captain on bike makes bikes into troops, the chapter rumor says 1 bike squad becomes troops. Sounds a little useless.

As with all the rumors, I'd assume we are getting a fractured incomplete picture. More will fill in between now and the launch.

-Larry
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Boyle View Post
    Some of those chapter traits sound a bit off. IF get to re-roll 1s to hit with bolters...Ultramarines get to re-roll 1s to hit with everything and tacticals get to re-roll all misses? Um...

Vangaurd may be cheap enough to actually use, but if Heroic Intervention is changing they may end up staying on the shelf. 14 point marines doesn't sound right at all. Isn't that the same price as a basic chaos marine? That said it might give enough breathing room to actually field enough to make it through a game. 22 point sternguard are cool, assuming nothing changed that's 30 points back off the bat on most of my lists.

Power armor is cheap these days, between heldrakes, riptides, eldar weapons, it's not that surprising they got cheap, but it couldn't have hurt for Chaos marines to be 12-13 base. You couldn't really have gone lower as suddenly you'd have Marines that cost the same as a Tau pathfinder...

All of that said going back to my first statement, I'm taking this list with a huge grain of salt because those Ultramarine chapter traits just sound ridiculous, which makes me suspicious of all of it.
    Chaos Marines are 13pts/model, Dark Angels's are 14pts/model. Naturally it makes sense to bring vanilla down to the same price as the DA's. Though if it follows suit with DA's you'll be paying 10pts to get veteran sergeants and no free weapons/marignally more expensive weapons. So it evens out. Basically makes loyalist marines have ATSKNF for +1pt/model over chaos and chaos have the mutation boon for their aspiring champions but other than that largely the same in upgrade/weapons points costs.

I personally think the Ultramarine chapter tactics are way too good if they're true though. Tactical option basically giving army wide Preferred Enemy: Everyone and Tacticals all twin-linked is waaaay too much.
    Last edited by Xarga; 08-12-2013 at 08:57 PM.

Saw this about White Scars on Warseer:

White scars traits

+1 to jink save,auto pass on dangerous terrain
    +1 to Hammer of Wrath attacks
    Hit and Run except for termies and both sets of Centurions.
    My blog http://galaxyinflames.blogspot.com/ Prodos Games US Marketing and Sales manager http://shop.prodosgames.com/en/

Quote Originally Posted by magi View Post
    No Legion of the Damned as an elites choice gives me hope that they plan to release a cursed founding supplemental book (some day).
    where did it say that. i wouldn't read in to omissions, just because vindicators weren't mentioned dosen't mean they were dropped from the codex to make room for an all vindicator suplement

Quote Originally Posted by Xarga View Post
    Chaos Marines are 13pts/model, Dark Angels's are 14pts/model. Naturally it makes sense to bring vanilla down to the same price as the DA's. Though if it follows suit with DA's you'll be paying 10pts to get veteran sergeants and no free weapons/marignally more expensive weapons. So it evens out. Basically makes loyalist marines have ATSKNF for +1pt/model over chaos and chaos have the mutation boon for their aspiring champions but other than that largely the same in upgrade/weapons points costs.
    Yeah that is about right and sucks balls if you want to play Chaos Marines. There is no way that craptastic boon chart makes up for 3 special rules the loyalists have for that one point Codex Marines are many times better than Chaos ones. It is simply poor design turning the bad marines into lousy "Bond Villains" that are meant to lose.
    My blog http://galaxyinflames.blogspot.com/ Prodos Games US Marketing and Sales manager http://shop.prodosgames.com/en/

Scout

They made Dark Reapers relentless. Relentless devestators is a lot scarier though.

Veteran-Sergeant

chaos marines still have things going for them, namely options. marks and icons, bolter, BP and CCW, options for bigger squads and 2 special weapons, VOTLW. you can keep them cheap, give select upgrades or go all out. the thing that bothers me about the codex CSM is that stupid "we have to issue challenges" rule which makes close combat a lot more predictable for the opponent.