BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 87 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sargejohnson View Post
    Only problem is, at least in my local meta, no one allows IA characters. Or models. Or books. For no good reason, no one wants to let perfectly good IA material into games. Even for "for fun" players don't seem to want anything to do with IA.

As for the rumors, I reserve the right to rescind any hatred for the new codex, and any assorted bitterness until the book is printed and I can order my $120 Black Templars covered 6th ed Ultramarines codex and have it in my hands. But I don't really see how anyone except jealous C:SM players are rejoicing at the loss of C:BT.

According to one rumor, no Terminator HQ squads. BT had them - Sword Brethren Termies could be added more or less as a body guard for your HQ options. No mention of Blessed Hull for the Crusader/Redeemer Land Raider options, the EC is pretty much sucky according to the rumors, and we appear to be losing Sword Brethren, I don't own the *current* Codex Smurfs, but I don't think the Sternguard have any option to buy special USRs for their squad, so Sternguard would be a bland slap in the face for our Sword Brothers. The loss of Vows is pretty big too (even if in 5th and 6th ed there weren't many of them that had any relevance, and even got further FAQed into nonsense - or completely removed...

I dunno. The trade off I guess is that we get... Mini-Thunderhawk, we apparently get the new tank (which is a pretty kit I admit) and access to the Whirlwind. We seemingly get Rhinos that we can use as taxis for any unit now instead of the one it was bought for (though in all my years of 40k, I've never, ever once put a unit back into the dedicated transport that I bought for them. Always been a one hit wonder.) and uhhhh Meganobz... errr Centurions. And well I guess we gotta wait and see what Crusader and Adamantium Will is all about, or I need to check out the 6th ed BRB.

So in closing, this is the first time GW has gotten my blood pumping in a long time (At least since 5th Ed Necrons) and... this time not in a good way. Nrrrrrrrrrr
    You have my sympathies dude.
    Time and again we see the same narrow minded attitude from so many people.
    People that claim that its just a game... but...
    People that expect you to know all the codexs which now cost a fortune combined, but say that they shouldnt have to play against FW coz they dont know the rules.
    Simpletons that say "FW is OP!", while spamming the hell out of hellducks etc.
    Tell these people to get a life and really play for fun.

There has to be something missing from the Templar rumors. We are SUPPOSED to be a melee oriented chapter, and how is it that this is the case when our USR's are a 5+ deny the witch and a extra dice when running take the highest. Or Re-roll hits and gain rending but only in a challenge (limiting the ability to IC's and Sergeants).

This just doesn't add up at all, as the Admantine will and Crusader USR's are pretty much pointless, and the other are so limiting that they will basically have little to no effect in the game.

How reliable are these rumors?

Quote Originally Posted by Sargejohnson View Post
    we apparently get the new tank (which is a pretty kit I admit)
    It may be pretty but without interceptor i fear it wont ever see play. if these rumors are correct then the hunter is close to a rail gun in power but can only shot at flyers effectively. no interceptor means only snap shots at ground targets. i just don't see the points and foc slot being used on this for the same reason no one takes a hydra.

Quote Originally Posted by Popsical View Post
    You have my sympathies dude.
    Time and again we see the same narrow minded attitude from so many people.
    People that claim that its just a game... but...
    People that expect you to know all the codexs which now cost a fortune combined, but say that they shouldnt have to play against FW coz they dont know the rules.
    Simpletons that say "FW is OP!", while spamming the hell out of hellducks etc.
    Tell these people to get a life and really play for fun.
    I wish people were spamming those nifty mechanical demon dragons of Chaos. I'm serious, locally a lot of people aren't using any of the new models/armies. I know about three people who even bothered to get a Dark Vengeance box. Including myself. (I blame this mostly on being in Australia and paying a premium premium price on GW product mostly.) But, while our core gaming group has a pretty good membership number, we do get quite a few "drive bys" who come in, practice for our tournaments, and never come back again. Since most of us are "for fun" players. But, yes... 6th ed was a dream come true for me in terms of missions, and "narrative" gameplay. Bring back the fun!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trignama View Post
    There has to be something missing from the Templar rumors. We are SUPPOSED to be a melee oriented chapter, and how is it that this is the case when our USR's are a 5+ deny the witch and a extra dice when running take the highest. Or Re-roll hits and gain rending but only in a challenge (limiting the ability to IC's and Sergeants).

This just doesn't add up at all, as the Admantine will and Crusader USR's are pretty much pointless, and the other are so limiting that they will basically have little to no effect in the game.

How reliable are these rumors?
    I'm hoping against all hope that this is a very elaborate hoax. Like the original "leaked" 6th ed 40k rules that seemingly had all the internets in an uproar. And the new "challenge" rule is absolutely rubbish. EC as he stands, not worth taking. I will stick to Helbrecht and Grimaldus thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by kire View Post
    It may be pretty but without interceptor i fear it wont ever see play. if these rumors are correct then the hunter is close to a rail gun in power but can only shot at flyers effectively. no interceptor means only snap shots at ground targets. i just don't see the points and foc slot being used on this for the same reason no one takes a hydra.
    That is a good point, my local meta doesn't support fliers, so not really an issue, and I often field "pretty" units in my army because I like how they look, or I just like how they fit my armies "fluff" wise. So I'm not gonna be too bummed one way or another about it. It would be nice if they supported sponsons or something, but nothing I can see seems to support that eventuality. And I'd still rather have 8x (twin linked?) shots even at a snap fire, than a single twin-las shot. My ability to roll anything other than ones to wound is still quite infuriating on a weapon like a Lascannon. Not too bad with da boyz, we at least know they can't hit the broad side of a barn until they are within 2" of it... :P I guess it is a lot easier to put your faith in a bucket of dice, rather than one ordinary, non-rigged die. :P

Anyway, let us hope these rumors are just an elaborate hoax. xD

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by kire View Post
    Oh man, no interceptor? That's pretty harsh.. Unless it has some other rule that lets it shoot at full BS at ground targets, this vehicle may as well not exist! Why take up a FOC slot when you can just take an Aegis Line or Bastion and have the same thing for probably less?

Oh well, one less new kit to buy. Between this, the Centurions, and the Vanguard getting their special rules changed, I'm going to be saving a lot of money not buying these kits!

Not sure why the lack if Interceptor is a problem, a lack of Skyfire on a supposed anti-air vehicle is more pertinent. Interceptor would be useful but without skyfire it is rolling 6s to hit. With Interceptor it could target flyers coming in from reserve but still hitting on 6s. Skyfire and Interceptor would let it hit flyers at full BS which would be extremely powerful indeed.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I'd point out that if every AA option has Skyfire and Interceptor, it makes flyers a lot chancier. It's a lot less fun to bring a flyer when everything that has a reasonable chance of killing it gets a crack at it before it can even fire once.

First-Captain

imo linking AA firing at ground targets to a rule as powerful as Interceptor is in and of itself is less than ideal... the Hunter/Stalker might have some sort of rule that lets them choose whether they want to have Skyfire in any given shooting phase though - that would make them useful but avoid the "why would I bother to reserve anything when playing against Tau, it's gonna get blasted before it does anything anyway" syndrome...

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Not sure why the lack if Interceptor is a problem, a lack of Skyfire on a supposed anti-air vehicle is more pertinent. Interceptor would be useful but without skyfire it is rolling 6s to hit. With Interceptor it could target flyers coming in from reserve but still hitting on 6s. Skyfire and Interceptor would let it hit flyers at full BS which would be extremely powerful indeed.
    It has Skyfire, just not Interceptor.

Or if it doesn't have either, then why the heck would anybody buy this?

Obviously we're not getting the full picture here, but my bet is going to be that it has Skyfire and some other rule that will help it stay relevant. If the only thing its good for is taking down Heldrakes, that's not a reason to take it. There aren't enough fliers being used out there to put a tank like this in an all-comers list as it is from what we've heard.

The actual statline could come out and it could have Skyfire, Interceptor, twin-linked everything, av13 all around, and BS5 for all we know.

I couldn't see any reference to Skyfire in the rumours, I agree it ought to have it, just not sure it should have both Skyfire and Interceptor especially when no other armies AA has both.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!